Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Save button doesn't respond! Backend with Joomla

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 8 months ago #277869 by lottino
I'm using Community Builder 2.0.12 with Joomla 3.3.6

I've tried to update to Joomla 3.4.8 and I went back to the 3.3.6 version as I had some CB plugin issues...

Basically everything works fine now with CB frontend, updating profiles and plugin works fine...

The problem is in the administrator (backend) > C.B. > User management > (open) User Profile doesn’t allow me to save the settings as the Save button doesn't work, it doesn't respond at all! What works is just the Cancel button, Save & Close doesn't work either.

I think there is a .js interfering somewhere (with Joomla 3.4.8) that didn't overwrite in the process of downgrade to the old version 3.3.6.

I did evrything in remote, do you have some idea how I could fix the problem?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 8 months ago #277975 by lottino
Hello, I really don't know what the problem is now...

I tried to restore the old Joomla 3.3.6 but the Save button still doesn't work in CB userprofile backend admin settings...

I also tried to update Comunity Builder to 2.0.13 but that also doesn't change anything.

Help please

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #278053 by lottino
Joomla 3.3.6

I'm starting to think that the problem is in the database?! CB profile save button works fine with version 2.0.13 in localhost.

Basically I cannot figure it out as everything works fine in localhost but not in remote... one is the exact copy of the other am I missing out something?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by lottino.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #278081 by nant

lottino wrote: Joomla 3.3.6

I'm starting to think that the problem is in the database?! CB profile save button works fine with version 2.0.13 in localhost.

Basically I cannot figure it out as everything works fine in localhost but not in remote... one is the exact copy of the other am I missing out something?

Something you have installed is breaking javascript for you.

Typically this could be some third-party CB Plugin or Joomla system plugin.

Not much more I can offer to help on this.

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 8 months ago #278098 by lottino
Thank you for your reply, I have checked all components, system plugins, site plugins, module and all else in Extensions Management > Explores; everything matches.

Also CB plugins match, is there something else could interfere with javascript? or a way to find what's breaking the Save button?

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #278105 by nant

lottino wrote: Thank you for your reply, I have checked all components, system plugins, site plugins, module and all else in Extensions Management > Explores; everything matches.

Also CB plugins match, is there something else could interfere with javascript? or a way to find what's breaking the Save button?

No idea what you mean by "everything matches".

As I said something is breaking javascript for everyone.

You can unpublish one by one all your third-party CB plugins and see if one is causing the issue (process of elimination).

Same thing with Joomla system plugins.

Make backup first.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon