Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Save button doesn't respond! Backend with Joomla

• nant
  • nant
8 years 8 months ago #278154 by nant

lottino wrote: It isn't a CB bug issue... as in localhost CB 2.0.13 works fine with me. I've checked and there is nothing I've installed that could interfere with Joomla Administrator in remote, also tried to unpublish system plugins one by one as well as CB third-party.

It stopped working after I've done the update Joomla 3.4.6. but now I've restored the old 3.3.6 Joomla file/folders, with no results.

Nobody else had a problem with CB and and J. 3.4.6 after the update?

Why isn't it working if I've restored back to 3.3.6 anyway?

As stated - something esle you installed is breaking javascript in your backend.

You should be able to identify a javascript problem using your browser error console in backend when you click on the Save button.

Such issues are difficult to debug and experience shows that a 1 by 1 process of elimination (first third-party CB plugins and then third-party Joomla system plugins) is best way to identify culprit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #278159 by lottino
Thank you!

on the error console with Chrome showable on mac (cmd + option + J);
or Windows/Linux (control + shift + J) displayed the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined
jquery.validate.min.js?v=a4feb9055ab5bc1e:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot

with the following directory:
//components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery/jquery.validate.min.js?v=a4feb9055ab5bc1e

I've deleted the file "jquery.validate.min.js" and it works perfectly fine now! :)

Not sure where this .js came from.

Many thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by lottino.

8 years 8 months ago #278199 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Save button doesn't respond! Backend with Joomla
Good call lottino, thank you
I could not replicate the error messages, but I have changed the file name and all is working at the moment.
Are there any downsides to this??

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #278200 by krileon
Within CB > Field Management unpublish all Custom HTML fields. This can be caused by an unclosed HTML tag, loading a frontend tab with <form in it in profile edit, etc.. Temporarily disabling Custom HTML fields were these issues are typically from will determine if that's the cause. If it is you need to review your Custom HTML usage more carefully.

If the issue persists you need to begin disabling non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management. If still not resolved repeat with non-core Joomla system plugins within Extensions > Plugins.

Trial and error is the only way to find what's causing this. Do not rename the JS file as you're going to cause even more errors since JS will try to call functions that won't exist. Your issue is most certainly some sort of conflict.

If disabling everything doesn't solve it then it could be a bad validation rule setup on one of your fields. To test this unpublish all tabs within CB > Tab Management except the one where username, name, email, and password are on.

Please also be sure to enable debug mode when you find a JS error. The minified file won't be able to give accurate line number so I've no idea exactly where in the validation plugin that error is occurring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by krileon.

8 years 7 months ago #278255 by MasterNABO
Replied by MasterNABO on topic Save button doesn't respond! Backend with Joomla
After disabling the js file, and editing a user account I got a save error message associated with a text file field, content not valid. This is one of many old fields, with no recent changes and perfectly valid.
I checked the field settings and there were default, but the error would not clear with adjustment. I disabled the field and reinstated the js file.
All is well as regards saving at the moment.
I will see about reinstating the field or recreating.
tx to all
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• lottino
  • lottino
8 years 3 months ago #283599 by lottino

lottino wrote: on the error console with Chrome showable on mac (cmd + option + J);
or Windows/Linux (control + shift + J) displayed the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined
jquery.validate.min.js?v=a4feb9055ab5bc1e:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot

with the following directory:
//components/com_comprofiler/js/jquery/jquery.validate.min.js?v=a4feb9055ab5bc1e

I've deleted the file "jquery.validate.min.js" and it works perfectly fine now! :)

I thought I'd resolved, by deleting the .js file the "Save" button in the user admin control panel works; but what doesn't work is the collapsed menu button at the frond-site guest user profile.

I've resolved this by updating CB to v 2.0.14.
Of course as the "jquery.validate.min.js" has been reloaded, so the "Save" btn doesn't work accordantly.

Save button error (emtystrying):
È stata trasmessa una stringa vuota a getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24422
TypeError: d is undefined

In sort:
- with "jquery.validate.min.js" file, the collapsed menu profile button works fine but admin "save" doesn't.
- without .js file we have the exact opposite.

Who can help?

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon