Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Custom Integer Number field gives unwanted hint. How do I remove "Please enter a value between x and y."

• harwood31
  • harwood31
8 years 8 months ago #277921 by harwood31
As the title says, I have a custom integer number field which gives an unwanted hint. Its unwanted because I am using it as a challenge field for new members to present an existing member number assigned from the parent organization. I only need to manually validate it later, but I need it to be within a reasonable range at account creation. We recently updated to current CB 2.0.x from the 1.9.x series which didn't display this behavior. How do I disable it to remove "Please enter a value between x and y."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• harwood31
  • harwood31
8 years 7 months ago #278442 by harwood31

• nant
  • nant
8 years 7 months ago #278454 by nant

harwood31 wrote: As the title says, I have a custom integer number field which gives an unwanted hint. Its unwanted because I am using it as a challenge field for new members to present an existing member number assigned from the parent organization. I only need to manually validate it later, but I need it to be within a reasonable range at account creation. We recently updated to current CB 2.0.x from the 1.9.x series which didn't display this behavior. How do I disable it to remove "Please enter a value between x and y."

That's the way the integer field works.

You can either use a text field and proper regex validation on it, or just use CB Query add-on (Professional membership needed) to do this against a table/list of valid numbers.

• harwood31
  • harwood31
8 years 7 months ago #278725 by harwood31
regex? OK, I'll explore that, but will that make the message not appear then? That's my concern here, its gives away our secret passwords! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon