Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Why do security plugins not show up in cb registration form

• shakey
  • shakey
8 years 4 months ago #281868 by shakey
I love the way community builder lets the users on a website interact with each other but one thing has stopped me from using it.

When i setup the site with cb installed I do the usual setup and publish the cb login module and unpublish the joomla one, all is well, all works fine until I try to add a email verification plugin which doesn't show up in the registration form.

I need this extention to work as I was having to delete upto 10 new unconfirmed users that were spam reg bots.

When i use the native joomla login/registraton form it shows up and people get sent a code they have to enter before the site will let you register, thus the regbots don't get that far and i no longer have any false users to delete.

I am using the latest joomla 3.x and the latest cb package
The plugin i want to be using is called Pre registration Email Validation.

Is it possible to get this plugin to work in the cb registration form and if so would someone kindle walk me through how to get it going, seems a shame not to use cb because of one small thing.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 4 months ago #281872 by nant

shakey wrote: I love the way community builder lets the users on a website interact with each other but one thing has stopped me from using it.

When i setup the site with cb installed I do the usual setup and publish the cb login module and unpublish the joomla one, all is well, all works fine until I try to add a email verification plugin which doesn't show up in the registration form.

I need this extention to work as I was having to delete upto 10 new unconfirmed users that were spam reg bots.

When i use the native joomla login/registraton form it shows up and people get sent a code they have to enter before the site will let you register, thus the regbots don't get that far and i no longer have any false users to delete.

I am using the latest joomla 3.x and the latest cb package
The plugin i want to be using is called Pre registration Email Validation.

Is it possible to get this plugin to work in the cb registration form and if so would someone kindle walk me through how to get it going, seems a shame not to use cb because of one small thing.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me out.

When using CB you must turn off Joomla registration and login modules.
See CB Primer Book here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/docman/doc_details/801-cb-20-primer-book-105

and Getting Started articles here:

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/community-builder/getting-started

CB has a workflow process to confirm email addresses built-in.

Another suggestion is to watch our videos:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon