Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Login Module not showing login status on multiple pages

• Hennen
  • Hennen
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295286 by Hennen
The CB login module is not correctly logging in users. This is the problem I am having:

On whatever page I login I am redirected to my profile as intended. However when I use the back button on my Chrome browser OR navigate back to the page I was previously on (joomla article, etc) the CB login module shows on that page that I am not logged in. This effects not only Joomla articles but other components that require a user to be logged in. If I navigate to other articles that I was not previously on do show that I am logged in.

Alternatively, I will try to logout on the homepage and the homepage reloads (as intended) but the cb login module shows that I am still logged in. It doesnt show that I am logged out until I navigate to another page where it says "You have successfully logged out." This behavior occurs whether caching is enabled or disabled.

Please help me figure out how to make the user logged in across my website or logged out across my website at once.

Joomla 3.7.2
CB 2.1.2

I have enabled to allow registration independent of CMS and disabled registration in Joomla.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295324 by krileon
That sounds specifically like a caching problem. The only other reason would be something is possibly deleting Joomla sessions, which is the sole determining factor for login state. Note CB does not manage login state at all. We just pass login off to Joomla after firing some CB triggers. After the login form is processed it's entirely in Joomlas hands for managing sessions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Hennen
  • Hennen
7 years 3 months ago #295360 by Hennen
Thank you! That is exactly what it ended up being. I had disabled the template cache, the system cache plugin, etc... but there are so many other places where files/sessions can be cached. I disabled caching from my .htaccess, browser caching (which I already had) but the culprit ended up being caching through my website firewall, sucuri. Apparently I had enabled caching there and that was it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon