Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to upgrade Community Builder?

• webcoast
  • webcoast
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298985 by webcoast
Hi, this might have a really simple solution, but how do you upgrade community builder? I see there is a new version of CB available, via the standard joomla dashboard and the CB control panel. In the CB control panel the new version appears to be a link. What is the upgrade process? Do you click this link and it downloads a zip file which you then install overtop of the existing version?

The CB new release isn't showing up in the standard Joomla Extensions Upgrade list, and I can't see any "Upgrade Now" type of button in the CB control panel.

I have clicked on the "Update Now" button on the joomla system dashboard and it downloaded a zip file. Is it as simple as installing this zip file? I need to be sure that my existing settings, users etc won't be overwritten.

I've searched the CB website, the forum, the videos, the getting started, and can't find anything about how to upgrade the software. I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing before I go ahead and upload the zip file.

Regards
WebCoast
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to upgrade Community Builder?

I see there is a new version of CB available, via the standard joomla dashboard and the CB control panel. In the CB control panel the new version appears to be a link.

That's CBs update notification admin module. It's not from Joomla as Joomlas can't handle updating of nightly builds as it can't handle +build metadata.

Do you click this link and it downloads a zip file which you then install overtop of the existing version?

Yes.

I have clicked on the "Update Now" button on the joomla system dashboard and it downloaded a zip file. Is it as simple as installing this zip file?

Yes.

Once you're up to date you can also update from our built in "Install from Web" within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• webcoast
  • webcoast
6 years 11 months ago #299104 by webcoast
Replied by webcoast on topic How to upgrade Community Builder?
Thank you, I have upgraded it successfully.
Nicola
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon