Skip to Content Skip to Menu

The Package Installer failed to clean up. Please uninstall the Package Installer

• mphan
  • mphan
6 years 7 months ago #302900 by mphan
Currently I have joomla 2.5.28 with community builder 1.9.1 and CBSub 2.0.2. The manual state I need community builder 2.1.4 in order to continue. I am having a hard time upgrading community 1.9.1 to 2.0.2. I keeps giving me error like “The Package Installer failed to clean up. Please uninstall the Package Installer manually within Extensions > Manage.” I've already uninstalled Package Installer. How do i manually install the update if this is not working.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #302932 by krileon
Backup your install. Download latest CB package. Unzip the package then install the zip file in the /extensions/packages folder. The package installer does not work when migrating from CB 1.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mphan
  • mphan
6 years 7 months ago #302988 by mphan
how do i install the package in /extensions/packages/?

/tmp/extensions/packages/packages]$ ls
./ ../ com_comprofiler.zip lib_CBLib.zip mod_cbadmin.zip mod_cblogin.zip mod_comprofilermoderator.zip mod_comprofileronline.zip plg_communitybuilder.zip

• mphan
  • mphan
6 years 7 months ago #302989 by mphan
ok I 've got it to installed. Now when I try to install ps_cbpaidsubscriptions_4.1.1+build.2018.03.06.13.41.01.ed5760df2/extensions/

I get this error from now upgraded 2.1.4.

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
Path does not have a valid package.
Attachments:

• mphan
  • mphan
6 years 7 months ago #302991 by mphan
I figured it out. I had to install the plugin in the plugin area.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 7 months ago #303013 by krileon
Once you've migrated to CB 2.x manually by downloading latest CB and unzipping it then installing the single zip file in /extensions/packages you don't need to unzip the package installer anymore and will be able to just install it normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon