Skip to Content Skip to Menu

getting 'error 500' when trying to edit or create new CB lists or CB fields

6 years 6 months ago #303345 by memogram.com
Backend access to edit existing or create CB lists, Fields etc return error 500. The CB tools do not give any error reports.
What to do?
thanks!

CB version is 2.1.4
Joomla version is 3.8.6
PHP verion is 7.1.13
mySQL verion is 5.5.52

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #303346 by memogram.com
Solved by changing PHP version back to 5.6.33. Shouldn't CB 2.1.4 support PHP 7.1.?!

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303360 by krileon
I have not tested PHP 7.1.13. I've only tested PHP 7.2 and 7.1.9 as working fine. I've no reason to believe 7.1.13 would cause any issues unless for some reason they made a breaking change to core PHP functions. Ensure you've latest CB 2.x build installed then try latest PHP 7.2.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: memogram.com

6 years 6 months ago #303367 by memogram.com
Thank's for the feed back. The service provider currently supports PHP versions 7.0.27 and 7.1.13
SO I'll wait for the 7.2.x before I try again ;.)

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 6 months ago #303377 by krileon
You can try 7.1.13 again after being absolutely sure Joomla and CB are both completely up to date (this includes any CB plugins or 3rd party extensions you've installed). If an error occurs again be sure to check server error log to see what failed as profile erroring could easily be from an installed plugin and not core CB (we only test core CB and our products).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon