Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to "re-invite" users?

• Ake2017
  • Ake2017
3 years 6 months ago #324311 by Ake2017
How to "re-invite" users? was created by Ake2017
Hi,

Some of my registered users have been passive for a long time (too long, I think).
I believe that I can safely assume that they have forgotten their user name and their PW.
(But I have their e-mail address)

So, I would like to "re-invite" them with an email message of this type...

"Dear <FirstName> <LastName>,

You are hereby invited to discover the new features on the <site.com>
Please login and start by a) changing your PW and b) verify your profile data.

Your username is: <username>
and
Your password is: <password>"

Ideally the PW change should be a required step to log in -
and ideally the PW I send should expire within a day (or a week, or so).

Any thoughts are welcome...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 6 months ago #324328 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to "re-invite" users?
You can probably just use the built in mass mailer feature for that in CB > User Management.

Your password is: <password>"

Impossible, password is encrypted. You will not be able to tell them what their password is.

Ideally the PW change should be a required step to log in -
and ideally the PW I send should expire within a day (or a week, or so).

You can probably use Joomlas user manager for this as there's a batch tool there to force a password reset on next login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Ake2017
  • Ake2017
3 years 6 months ago #324334 by Ake2017
Replied by Ake2017 on topic How to "re-invite" users?
But I can set a new PW on the users profile?
Which is then known by me as admin,
and can be used when mailing them?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 6 months ago #324337 by krileon
Use the reset feature built into Joomla or let them use forgot login to reset their password if they don't know it. I guess if you want to manually edit them, set a new password, and email them the new password you're free to do so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Ake2017
  • Ake2017
3 years 6 months ago #324340 by Ake2017
Replied by Ake2017 on topic How to "re-invite" users?
Thanks Krileon,
A related question - are the mass emails logged somehow, if so where and how,

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 6 months ago #324341 by krileon
We do not have email logging of any kind except for CBSubs Mailer since it uses an email queue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ake2017

Moderators: beatnantkrileon