Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Bug found + part-solution CB 1.9x

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #234711 by wackojacko
Bug found + part-solution CB 1.9x was created by wackojacko
Hi,

Alright, I use Joomla 1.7x on one of my sites and noticed a nasty and horrible bug that annoyed the hell out of me. The problem is that when you update user profiles in Joomla 1.7x (at least what I know in 1.7.3) it will return a "Fatal error: Call to undefined method JAccess::clearstatics() cb.tables.php on line 1308"

I searched the forum to find a few other users that had the same problem but had no responses in return. See:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/219328-fatal-error

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/216408-call-to-undefined-method-jaccessclearstatics-cbtablesphp-on-line-1308

There was some mention that it could be another plugin causing it. But I've discovered it's not.

The problem is that CB 1.9 does not work in this regard with J1.7x. That particular call is to clear out the static cache "clearstatics()"

But if you go to /libraries/joomla/access/access.php (J1.7)

you'll notice this will fail because that code isn't there.

Should be inserting a code of something like in access.php:

"

public static function clearStatics()
71 {
72 self::$viewLevels = array();
73 self::$assetRules = array();
74 self::$userGroups = array();
75 self::$userGroupPaths = array();
76 self::$groupsByUser = array();
77 }

"

But this is a Joomla hack, really what should happen is CB should alter their code or change the way it updates the user profiles.

I'd fix this code within the cb.tables.php file.

I think this is the fix, I'm sure.

Another fix is to comment that line out on "cb.tables.php on line 1308" but then this simply takes away the purpose of clearing the static cache.

Anyway, I deserve a free addon now... all this work cost me hours to figure the problem. Privacy plugin would be good. :P:P hahaha
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by wackojacko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 2 weeks ago #234718 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Bug found + part-solution CB 1.9x
Joomla 1.7 is no longer supported - tey ans test on Joomla 2.5 or better and see if issue persists.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon