Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Controlling access to my entire site using CSubs

15 years 4 months ago #100312 by mathiastheok
I searched for this question prior to post, so if it has been answered already please accept my apologies.

(I Run Joomla! 1.5)

Quite simply, I have been developing a robust travel club website, and am in the process of integrating Community Builder.

My website will be subscription based, and would like to know if the CSubs module is able to provide access control to my entire website?

Thank you for any and all help

Matt-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 4 months ago #100316 by nant
mathiastheok wrote:

I searched for this question prior to post, so if it has been answered already please accept my apologies.

(I Run Joomla! 1.5)

Quite simply, I have been developing a robust travel club website, and am in the process of integrating Community Builder.

My website will be subscription based, and would like to know if the CSubs module is able to provide access control to my entire website?

Thank you for any and all help

Matt-

Yes.
CBSubs can control access to any Joomla content (articles, categories, sections, modules, menus, components, etc).

14 years 5 months ago #132988 by BVBAccelerate
Replied by BVBAccelerate on topic Re:Controlling access to my entire site using CSubs
I've been considering using JUGA to control access to my site's content, but if CSubs can provide this kind of functionality I'd like to use it since I need a subscription manager too.

From what I've read, though, CSubs controls access to the content through the plans that people are a part of. I need subscription plans with options. So, for example, there is a Regular, Student, and Retiree membership. Then, each of those membership types can choose to receive certain journals for an extra fee on their membership. I need to be able to restrict access based on both the registration type and the registration options.

I originally intended to do this by inserting users into groups based on their membership type and options. From what it sounds like, CSubs can only restrict based on plan. So I'd need to make a plan for every single combination of options and subscription types to get this to work.

Is my understanding here correct, or can CSubs provide me with the functionality I need in a simpler way?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #132993 by krileon

So, for example, there is a Regular, Student, and Retiree membership

This is very doable using 3 different subscriptions for the 3 membership types.

Then, each of those membership types can choose to receive certain journals for an extra fee on their membership.

I suppose you could do this by way of non-Exclusive children plans of your 3 membership plans.

I need to be able to restrict access based on both the registration type and the registration options.

There is no registration type or options per say. CBSubs will offer your users the ability to subscribe to a plan which then provides additional access to the site for their subscription. An example of a subscription tree as follows.

Plan 1 (Regular) : Exclusive
.- Plan 1a (Option 1) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 1b (Option 2) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 1c (Option 3) : non-Exclusive
(4 plans in total)

Plan 2 (Student) : Exclusive
.- Plan 2a (Option 1) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 2b (Option 2) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 2c (Option 3) : non-Exclusive
(4 plans in total)

Plan 3 (Retiree) : Exclusive
.- Plan 3a (Option 1) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 3b (Option 2) : non-Exclusive
.- Plan 3c (Option 3) : non-Exclusive
(4 plans in total)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #133007 by BVBAccelerate
Replied by BVBAccelerate on topic Re:Controlling access to my entire site using CSubs
It sounds like after going through the registration process CSubs puts you into a certain subscription plan based on what you chose during registration. Is this correct?

If I understand your response properly, I am able to put someone under 3 different subscription plans (Plan 1a, Plan 1b, Plan 1c) if they choose to receive all three journals?

The way I'd like to have it is while registering to become a member you choose your membership type (Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3) and then use checkboxes to choose which journal to receive. Basically by checking all three checkboxes to receive all three journals they will have to be enrolled in all three of the children plans (maybe also the parent plan but that's not pertinent to this discussion right now).

Let me know if I'm not thinking through the CSubs process of subscription clearly, I'm just trying to understand how CSubs functions before I make a purchase. So I really appreciate your help so far, Thanks!

Post edited by: BVBAccelerate, at: 2010/05/13 19:58

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #133096 by krileon

It sounds like after going through the registration process CSubs puts you into a certain subscription plan based on what you chose during registration. Is this correct?

Yes, if you have subscriptions available at registration of course.

If I understand your response properly, I am able to put someone under 3 different subscription plans (Plan 1a, Plan 1b, Plan 1c) if they choose to receive all three journals?

Yes, they're called Children plans, which can be used to further enhance the features the Parent plan already provides.

The way I'd like to have it is while registering to become a member you choose your membership type (Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3) and then use checkboxes to choose which journal to receive. Basically by checking all three checkboxes to receive all three journals they will have to be enrolled in all three of the children plans (maybe also the parent plan but that's not pertinent to this discussion right now).

Yes this is correct. As for parent plan it is required to obtain the children plan so they too will be subscribed to parent plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon