Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Monthly Recurring Billing?

• raholt
  • raholt
15 years 1 month ago #111688 by raholt
Monthly Recurring Billing? was created by raholt
I have several questions about CBSubs

1. Can I offer monthly recurring billing to our members? I am not going to offer 3 months for x amount of dollars etc. I want to charge a monthly subscription to our members to access different areas and information provided on the site.

2. I am using Jumi so I can have a couple pages on the site that are linked to different services we offer. Such as webcasting, phone conference service etc. I want to offer subscriptions and not allow the user to access certain pages unless they are subscribed. Can CBsubs work for that? Or does the pages have to be within CB only?

3. I noticed there is a plugin for Intersire Email Marketer. Can I use CBSubs to have the person signup for a subscription package before they can get access to the Interspire Email Marketer login and member admin?

4. Will CBSubs work for the wrapper as well? By using Jumi I can have an iframe and it shows an external site without showing the url which is what I need. I just need to make sure that CBsubs can work with that AND if I use the Joomla Wrapper can I have that page not accessbile unless they subscribe?

5. I had AEC (Account Expiration Control) installed on our Joomla site to setup Membership controls but it is extremely confusing to me. Can CBsubs be used instead?

Thanks

Ron H.

Thank you,

Ron H.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 1 month ago #111718 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Monthly Recurring Billing?

1. Can I offer monthly recurring billing to our members? I am not going to offer 3 months for x amount of dollars etc. I want to charge a monthly subscription to our members to access different areas and information provided on the site.

Yes, there are multiple durations you can select for the plan from a drop-down. 1 month duration is one of those selections. This will allow Paying XYZ for 1 month access, just set the plan to support or forcefully use recurring instead of single payments.

2. I am using Jumi so I can have a couple pages on the site that are linked to different services we offer. Such as webcasting, phone conference service etc. I want to offer subscriptions and not allow the user to access certain pages unless they are subscribed. Can CBsubs work for that? Or does the pages have to be within CB only?

CBSubs can protect any URL that is within Joomla, Jumi uses iframes within Joomla, so yes you can protect the iframe from showing (by menu item, by url part, by component, etc... there are multiple methods you can use). This will NOT protect the iframe URL, so if someone access the iframe URL and it is not part of your Joomla site, then it will not be protected.

3. I noticed there is a plugin for Intersire Email Marketer. Can I use CBSubs to have the person signup for a subscription package before they can get access to the Interspire Email Marketer login and member admin?

Never used such a thing, but if it's a Joomla component, yes. If not you may be able to use Folder Access plugin to protect the directory of Intersire Email Marketer.

4. Will CBSubs work for the wrapper as well? By using Jumi I can have an iframe and it shows an external site without showing the url which is what I need. I just need to make sure that CBsubs can work with that AND if I use the Joomla Wrapper can I have that page not accessbile unless they subscribe?

Yes, again you can protect anything that is a part of Joomla; from menu items to parts of components.

5. I had AEC (Account Expiration Control) installed on our Joomla site to setup Membership controls but it is extremely confusing to me. Can CBsubs be used instead?

Yes, this is the point of CBSubs, it is to control subscriptions and various other purchase options. Please read here carefully for further details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fxtrader
  • fxtrader
14 years 8 months ago #122718 by fxtrader
Replied by fxtrader on topic Re:Monthly Recurring Billing?
Hi,

I did not get the message correctly. I want to ask:

Can I use CBSubs-CBBuilder to create a Joomla user account and then pay a subscription plan, after that, it will automatically create a user account via API to access Interspire Email Marketer?

I'm sure it can be done, but I do not know how to do it.

Will there be a possible plugin for this? If so, can I request a paid customized plugin from your team for my usage?

I have bought CBSubs and with CB Builder, at the moment is the lack of account creation in Interspire EM. I am currently creating the user accounts at Interspire manually.

Hopefully someone with the expertise and understanding can reply.

Thank you.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 8 months ago #122743 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Monthly Recurring Billing?

Can I use CBSubs-CBBuilder to create a Joomla user account and then pay a subscription plan, after that, it will automatically create a user account via API to access Interspire Email Marketer?

I don't know what Interspire Email Marketer is, but if it's in the same database then yes it can be done with CBSubs SQL Actions using a query.

Otherwise you'll need to write a PHP file to perform all the queries and integrations followed by executing it with CBSubs URL, which will trigger the "script" file.

As far as creating a user and giving them a subscription of course CBSubs can do this. ;)

Will there be a possible plugin for this?

Not to my knowledge, no.

If so, can I request a paid customized plugin from your team for my usage?

Sorry, can't comment on this. I suggest contacting Beat or Nick.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #233694 by danny_harris
Replied by danny_harris on topic Re:Monthly Recurring Billing?
When you create recurring payments for a buyer, you create a recurring payments profile. The profile contains information about the recurring payments, including details for an optional trial period and a regular payment period. Each of these subscription periods contains information about the payment frequency and payment amounts, including shipping and tax, if applicable.

Please suggest me and visit :

www.fetchflow.com/support/question/How-do-I-schedule-recurring-invoices.html

Danny

• punnia
  • punnia
11 years 1 month ago #234107 by punnia
Replied by punnia on topic Re:Monthly Recurring Billing?
Nice info Danny Harris, Suggestions for www.fetchflow.com/support/question/How-do-I-schedule-recurring-invoices.html are really nice. I am also using this service and I am very satisfied. It has lots of premium features and can also solve the recurring invoice problems if someone is facing it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon