Skip to Content Skip to Menu

IP address and password access

• chrished
  • chrished
14 years 11 months ago #115519 by chrished
IP address and password access was created by chrished
We are setting up a site which will have a members area accessed by individuals and by libraries. For individuals we set up a password + username to our paid content. For libraries, we want to allow access to a specific IP address, so they can access the content without a username/password. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #115539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IP address and password access
CBSubs does not have support for IP by IP access restrictions. Might be possible to develop some form of integration as such once the API has been released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• michaedt
  • michaedt
14 years 6 days ago #144058 by michaedt
Replied by michaedt on topic Re:IP address and password access
Will there be support for IP by IP access restrictions in CBSubs 1.1? I, too, would like to use CBSubs in a university environment but am handcuffed by this issue. Thanks.:)

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 days ago #144070 by krileon
michaedt wrote:

Will there be support for IP by IP access restrictions in CBSubs 1.1? I, too, would like to use CBSubs in a university environment but am handcuffed by this issue. Thanks.:)

No, we've no plans to add IP restrictions. This should be done with an integration, likely doesn't need to be a CBSubs integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• some_some
  • some_some
13 years 9 months ago #150591 by some_some
Replied by some_some on topic Re:IP address and password access
Still without IP restriction?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 9 months ago #150623 by krileon

some_some wrote: Still without IP restriction?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon