Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Interface to Authorize.net?

• clam
  • clam
14 years 11 months ago #115797 by clam
I see all these discussions about setting up CBSubs with Authorize.net, however I am not clear: are payments through Authorize.net supported currently or do they require any custom coding?

In other words, if I already have an account with Authorize.net, is plugging it into CBSubs just a simple configuration task like with PayPal, or do I need my own custom interface?

Thanks!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/03 14:17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #115803 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Interface to Authorize.net?
All you need is to configure your account into CBSubs payment gateway for Authorize.net using your Authorize.net account. All purchases are made on site when using Authorize.net. Currently address information is not sent to Authorize.net which results in a minor increase in fees, but the amount is rather insignificant.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clam
  • clam
14 years 11 months ago #115807 by clam
Replied by clam on topic Re:Interface to Authorize.net?
K, thanks so much for answering. Okay, I could work with the address issue for now, as long as you guys are going to be fixing it. I understand this is the case, right?

What did you mean "all purchases are made on site" -- on which site? I'm assuming not the Authorize.net site, but the CBSubs site, right?

Also, when you say configure the CBSubs payment gateway for Authorize.net, is is as simple as entering the API login ID and Transaction Key for the account into CBSubs, or is there anything more than that?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #115811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Interface to Authorize.net?
Yes, we're investigating a possible fix for the address issue.

By all purchases made on site means the user does not leave your site. Authorize.net is not a payment gateway such as paypal. It's a processor to handle the transactions; users never leave your site when making a purchase.

When configuring your payment gateway you will be present with various configuration parameters necessary for your Authorize.net gateway to function. Information required is as follows:
Authorize.net name (API login id)
Authorize.net merchant authentication

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• clam
  • clam
14 years 11 months ago #115813 by clam
Replied by clam on topic Re:Interface to Authorize.net?
Got it. And thanks for your prompt replies, Kyle!

14 years 8 months ago #124079 by Janis Kupferer
Replied by Janis Kupferer on topic Re:[SOLVED] Interface to Authorize.net?
Is the Authorize.net Merchant Authorization the same thing as the Transaction Key? I do not see a merchant authorization on the Auth.net site, but I do see an API Key and Transaction Key.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon