Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration with SOBI2 question

• mgfsbo
  • mgfsbo
14 years 11 months ago #116189 by mgfsbo
Integration with SOBI2 question was created by mgfsbo
I am trying to create a directory website using SOBI2 where users fill out the entire listing form and then are asked to select a subscription level. The subscription level that they pay for will determine which fields of the listing will appear on the details page.

For example, users who pay for a bronze level will have their business name, phone number and address appear.

Users who pay for a silver level will have their name, number, address, e-mail, logo and website appear

and users who pay for a gold level will have their name, number, address, e-mail, logo, website and company description (with keywords for search) appear.

Is this possible with CB? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
14 years 11 months ago #116193 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Integration with SOBI2 question
I'm not sure about the possibility with SOBI2, but I know it's possible with CBSubs.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 11 months ago #116204 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with SOBI2 question
If such things can be controlled using queries, then yes it will be possible for CBSubs to do this, however CBSubs can't hook into components and modify their code in any way shape or form. So CBSubs can't simply hide or disable chunks of a component that are not URL or query based.

If adding those fields is URL based then it's possible to use By URL Part protection provided with the CBSubs Content integration plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• SoftDux
  • SoftDux
14 years 4 months ago #135764 by SoftDux
Replied by SoftDux on topic Re:Integration with SOBI2 question
Hi,

Have you figured out how todo this with CB yet?

Kind Regards

Petra Ahlers
petra@alphasite.co.za
www.AlphaSite.co.za

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #135769 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration with SOBI2 question
More then likely you'll need a custom plugin for SOBI2 to add such functionality, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sleve76
  • sleve76
13 years 6 months ago #160766 by sleve76
Replied by sleve76 on topic Re: Integration with SOBI2 question
I'm also interested in this integration of CBSubs with Sobi2- as anyone figured it out yet??
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon