Skip to Content Skip to Menu

iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4

14 years 9 months ago #122309 by allofnothing
iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4 was created by allofnothing
I know that this is the "pre-sale" area... and I have already purchased CBSubs + all documentation (which if you are currently on the fence, BUY IT, it is worth every penny), and it is fully functional on my site and doing everything it is supposed to do.

I am wanting to integrate an affiliate program and I have been looking at the differences between the 2 recommended (iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4), and I thought that I would ask for the valuable opinions of anyone who has experience with either, or preferably both.

The key components I'm looking for:
- a user pays for a profile on our site
- they get paid a % or flat fee when someone they recommend signs up and pays
- if someone recommends more people, they can jump up a commission level
- backend trackability

I know that these are the basics of either program, so I want 1) ease of use and 2) ease of installation/integration. Which one is better?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-allofnothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 9 months ago #122330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4
Both can do what you want, but simple due to API capabilities I recommend PostAffiliatePro; please note this is personal preference. They both function quite well and should without issue do as you're needing. Both do require some configuration and plenty of trial and error until configured correctly though so do take your time no matter which you use.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/21 14:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #122343 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4
thanks Krileon! I have been leaning in that direction, but after reading both companies massive amount of documentation it is all becoming a blur!

Anyone else have any input here before I get out the credit card?

-allofnothing

• muthumbi
  • muthumbi
14 years 1 month ago #141470 by muthumbi
Replied by muthumbi on topic Re:iDevAffiliate vs. PostAffiliatePro4
i recommend Postaffiliatepro. Don't go for any less than PAP or IDEV. i do recommend PAP. i was also testing and even tried another affiliate program and they had to refund the money. I finally settled for PAP. you can see this thread www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,110/id,141467/#141467 where kyle kept on insisting pap. finally i had to get PAP and it worked for me.

Post edited by: muthumbi, at: 2010/09/07 01:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon