Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Payment providers

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #138235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Paypoint gateway

So if you cannot create the gateway I need, nor give me the source code although it's GPL, then I will need to consider the move towards a full refund.

If this is how you feel and are within your 30 days money back guarantee then please contact Beat via email or PM with your original paypal invoice. You will need to contact him from the account which the CBSubs license is attached to.

What I cannot understand, is that by copying an already made gateway and just configuring to do what I need, you increase the software's options for payment systems for all other users of the CB Subs. Why would you not want to do that as this would make your software better and more widely acceptable.

That's easy to say, but is no where near correct. You can't simply copy a gateway and make 5 minute tweaks and it works. This is simply not how gateways perform. No 2 gateway APIs are alike.

We didn't say we weren't going to add additional gateways. We're working on the CBSubs API so users CAN do add new payment gateways with release of CBSubs 1.1. We're all keeping track of all user requested payment gateways so we can review for implementation.

Is does state on the site that if other payment gateways are required, to get in touch. For this reason, I have attached the required API details for your reference and hope that you would reconsider either the creation option or the supply of the source code.

And you have done so and therefor have added the gateway to our internal feature ticket so we can keep tracking of it. We've nearly 20 requested gateways on the list, this isn't something that can be done overnight. We've yet to release CBSubs 1.1.

Please let me know as soon as possible as I may need to make alternative arrangements.

I suggest using one of the available payment gateways until the gateway you're wanting can be provided or the API provided for you to develop it. Paypal should be more then acceptable for the time being.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #138250 by pepperkayn
Replied by pepperkayn on topic Re:Paypoint gateway
Due to the nature of the site I am unable to use any other gateway. So this leaves me with two options. Either send me a copy of the source code under GPL in order that I may create a gateway, or you create a gateway for me - even if there's a small cost.

This is extremely important. Without it, my site and business dies!

thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #138254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Paypoint gateway

Due to the nature of the site I am unable to use any other gateway. So this leaves me with two options. Either send me a copy of the source code under GPL in order that I may create a gateway, or you create a gateway for me - even if there's a small cost.

Sorry, we can not provide you with the source. We also can not push all development aside for your specific feature request. We've still the API to stabilize to begin with for additional payment gateway integrations.

With release of CBSubs 1.1 we will have more ample time to review other payment gateways as well as the API will be available if you wish to develop the gateway your self.

We've provided no misrepresentation of payment gateways and have provided information in numerous locations as to what gateways are supported. Paypal should not be of issue for you as it's supported worldwide and would be of an acceptable solution. Sorry, but do not know what more to advise.

Again, if you feel necessary and are within your 30 days you may request a refund. Sorry for the inconvenience. More gateways will come with due time but is not simply something we can do in 5 minutes or overnight. We've other priorities at this time (CBSubs 1.1) at which point will be reviewing other feature sets.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon