Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can CBSubs work with custom component/module

• chuckbone
  • chuckbone
14 years 8 months ago #123930 by chuckbone
I'm currently making a custom module, and I would like CBSubs to control access to it. Basically, I'd be selling subscriptions to daily trade signals that would be sent via SMS or email to users. There will be multiple different signals, say 10 of them, and the users pay monthly for access to whichever ones they choose. Can I control the subscription to these signals in the signal module via CBSubs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• chuckbone
  • chuckbone
14 years 8 months ago #123937 by chuckbone
Replied by chuckbone on topic Re:Can CBSubs work with custom component/module
And by module above I mean component. I need to know if CBSubs natively can control access to different aspects of my custom component? I understand that I can have it send up to 5 SQL statements, so I suppose I could edit the CB User database that way to flag which of these signals they have subscribed to, but that seems longwinded and I may encounter problems if I am truly limited to 5 SQL statements...

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 8 months ago #123953 by krileon
You can control various aspects of a component if the access to that aspect is done via a URL as you can protect urls using "By URL Part"; example: option=com_mycomponent&task=new

You could also protect the entire component or the entire module as a whole restricting access to it entirely by subscription.

I do not know how your custom develop functions exactly so I can't comment specifically, but you can also query the subscriptions database if you want to design your component/module with CBSubs in mind. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• chuckbone
  • chuckbone
14 years 8 months ago #123984 by chuckbone
Replied by chuckbone on topic Re:Can CBSubs work with custom component/module
So long as I can execute sql queries with CBSubs upon plan activation/expire then I should be in the clear. It's nice to know that I can restrict certain views as well via URL. Thanks!

• nant
  • nant
14 years 8 months ago #123995 by nant
chuckbone wrote:

So long as I can execute sql queries with CBSubs upon plan activation/expire then I should be in the clear. It's nice to know that I can restrict certain views as well via URL. Thanks!

Check out our CBSubs demo website:

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

You will see how CBSubs is used to create protected forum categories with Kunena.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon