Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] PayPal Subscriptions integration?

• puremetal
  • puremetal
14 years 8 months ago #124115 by puremetal
Hi,

I'm looking to deploy a monthly subscription system on a couple of sites and am obviously interested in CBSubs. A few questions:

1. Regarding PayPal integration, is there support for PayPal's Subscriptions and Recurring Payments system? I need the ability to take members' payments by credit/debit card as well as BACS/bank transfer. Is that possible in any way? Maybe I'm a bit clueless and this ability is standard with some payment gateways.

2. If members send payment by cheque or cash, is there a way within CBSubs for the admin to manually say "these people have paid"?

3. Can you add multiple subscriptions for individual users?
I.e. A user has a base subscription of £100 per year, taken in monthly installments, and additionally subscribes to a £50 per year (also taken monthly) service. Is that possible?

4. How secure does the Joomla site running CBSubs need to be? Talking aside from data protection issues, should the whole site be SSL encrypted?

I might have more questions to come, thanks ;)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/11 14:09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
14 years 8 months ago #124120 by beat
puremetal wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to deploy a monthly subscription system on a couple of sites and am obviously interested in CBSubs. A few questions:

1. Regarding PayPal integration, is there support for PayPal's Subscriptions and Recurring Payments system? I need the ability to take members' payments by credit/debit card as well as BACS/bank transfer. Is that possible in any way? Maybe I'm a bit clueless and this ability is standard with some payment gateways.

2. If members send payment by cheque or cash, is there a way within CBSubs for the admin to manually say "these people have paid"?

3. Can you add multiple subscriptions for individual users?
I.e. A user has a base subscription of £100 per year, taken in monthly installments, and additionally subscribes to a £50 per year (also taken monthly) service. Is that possible?

4. How secure does the Joomla site running CBSubs need to be? Talking aside from data protection issues, should the whole site be SSL encrypted?

I might have more questions to come, thanks ;)

1. yes, and with whatever local payments methods paypal accepts.

2. yes, in backend you have a Pay button in baskets (orders) view.

3. yes

4. for paypal, https is not required, as sensitive credit-card information is not taken at your site, but at paypal.com. Now it's up to you to see what is needed from a marketing perspective, and of course, you want to keep your site secure so that your customers' data and your business data remains secure, might also be required by your local data protection laws, independantly of cbsubs or cb.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2010/02/11 13:24

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• puremetal
  • puremetal
14 years 8 months ago #124123 by puremetal
Sounds good! Thank you for the quick & informative reply :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon