• Landho
14 years 7 months ago #126248 by Landho
Club membership with CBSubs? was created by Landho
This is an actual Presales Question:

Our site info:
Joomla 1.5.15
CB 1.2.2
VirtueMart 1.4.1

Looking to setup membership management via the Joomla site... the membership really has very little to do with the content on the site, other than the potential for discounts in VirtueMart, and we wonder if CBSubs can be configured as follows:

- Normal Registered Site Users via CB (free to register)

- Paid 1-year Membership Registered Site Users via CBSubs

- Discounts in VirtueMart for paid membership

- Expired or Automatic renewal reminders (emails sent to Members when renewal is due)

And, if possible - have multiple Registered Users be part of a Paid Subscription (e.g. A Family or Sponsor type membership, as opposed to a single-user membership)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #126283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Club membership with CBSubs?

- Normal Registered Site Users via CB (free to register)

You do not have to display plans at registration or require subscription to register to your site; purely your choice.

- Paid 1-year Membership Registered Site Users via CBSubs

CBSubs has a wide range of pre-determined durations available for your plans subscriptions, which includes 1 year.

- Discounts in VirtueMart for paid membership

CBSubs VirtueMart integration allows you to select what user group or shopper group the user belongs to based on subscription; if VirtueMart is capable of offering discounts based on these groups then yes this is doable.

- Expired or Automatic renewal reminders (emails sent to Members when renewal is due)

CBSubs sends an email when the users subscription expires, sorry does not send emails in advance by XYZ days or continue to send reminders.

And, if possible - have multiple Registered Users be part of a Paid Subscription (e.g. A Family or Sponsor type membership, as opposed to a single-user membership)

Sorry, not possible without using queries (CBSubs SQL Actions) to directly insert new subscriptions for multiple users or manually giving the additional users a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon