Skip to Content Skip to Menu

PHP 40MB Memory only, is that a porblem?

• Milena
  • Milena
14 years 7 months ago #126561 by Milena
Hi,

My host said they cannot allocate more than 40MB of PHP memory.Would that be a problem?

I can't afford to go to a VPS solution due to costs. I intend to only have a small community.

Also, would the CB Subs slow down my site considerably?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 7 months ago #126565 by nant

• Milena
  • Milena
14 years 7 months ago #126743 by Milena
Replied by Milena on topic Re:PHP 40MB Memory only, is that a porblem?
PHP: 5 or better.
Thanks for letting me know.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #126801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:PHP 40MB Memory only, is that a porblem?
40MB would be sufficient depending on what other extensions you have installed. The more installed and more complex your site is the more memory it will consume. It also depends on how efficient those extensions are; 1 extension without good coding can result in mass usage of memory. Most shared hosting allows at least 100mb of memory, you should consult with your host about increasing memory to at least 64mb. If they will not comply with your needs I recommend switching hosts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon