Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Suitability for Club Membership renewals

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
14 years 7 months ago #127031 by jross
I currently have a site with 500 members, (its a sailing club) where we use CB for the members profiles and directory.

I would like to provide an online membership renewal system for our members. I would like to know whether CB Subs might be a suitable component for this?

Because I already use CB for the members profiles, I and was hoping to create an online renewal form that caters for the various membership categories, ie Senior, Family, Junior, Associate, etc. They also need to pay for boat registrations and yard storage so these options need to be "selectable" if the member needs these additional items.

In practical terms, we want the members renewal form to pre-populate with their current membership info, they get the opportunity to change items such as new address, change of status from say Junior to Senior, add a new boat onto the boat registry, etc, etc, hit the renewal button and their new annual fees gets calculated, ready for online payment.

Can CB Subs be configured to do this?

JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #127061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Suitability for Club Membership renewals
CBSubs will be capable of meeting your subscription needs, but until this point.

In practical terms, we want the members renewal form to pre-populate with their current membership info, they get the opportunity to change items such as new address, change of status from say Junior to Senior, add a new boat onto the boat registry, etc, etc, hit the renewal button and their new annual fees gets calculated, ready for online payment.

CBSubs can not dynamically calculate prices or durations based on user input. CBSubs doesn't ask for custom field such as "Boat Registry".

It's possible to protect a field where a user uses it as "Boat Registry" by a CBSubs plan; thus they need to be a subscriber of the plan to register their boat. This is done with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Address is requested during the invoicing process and it's possible to (for first time purchasers) transfer CB field data to those fields so users do not have to retype things such as address (configured from CBSubs Settings -> Display -> Invoices).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• jross
  • jross
  • Add-ons
14 years 5 months ago #132758 by jross
Based on your reply above and the specific functionality I require for my client, I started using nNill to provide the functionality I need. The problem is I ran into a few problems when I needed some customisation of the component done. The nBill component is encoded using ionCube. So I have had a another look at whether CB Subs can help. CB itself is open source but it looks like CB Subs is encoded like nBill so I seem to be going around in circles.

I read in the CB Subs features that that customisations can be requested on a commercial basis. Is that still true? I know its a bit like how long is a piece of string but what are the lead times to start a customisation and deliver the outcome? Is there a big queue at the moment?

JR

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #132788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Suitability for Club Membership renewals

I read in the CB Subs features that that customisations can be requested on a commercial basis. Is that still true?

Yes, but it does come with an extensive price; users are quoted individually based on their needs and generally on a corporate based level. I cannot fully advise on this as I personally do not handle such quotes; you'd need to contact Beat.

I know its a bit like how long is a piece of string but what are the lead times to start a customisation and deliver the outcome?

It depends on the need; not everything can be added. Multiple user base uses CBSubs so the feature request must meet everyone else's needs/expectations as well. Change of core functionality is out of question.

Is there a big queue at the moment?

Sorry, don't know; you'd need to contact Beat for further information.

I do not believe you need additional customization however. All of your needs can be met aside from the dynamic pricing using CBSubs. Please keep in mind that indeed CBSubs is encoded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon