Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Payment problem

• nikke_k
  • nikke_k
14 years 7 months ago #127104 by nikke_k
Payment problem was created by nikke_k
Hi,

I am trying to figure out if Joomla/CB/CBSubs can be used at all in the project I am running, but I can't really figure it out.

The problem (or one of the problems) I want to solve is trying to achieve a payment through the BNP Paribas Mercanet service.

So What I would like to do is after the Payment page on CB Subs, let the Credit Card icons (Eurocard, Visa + CB - Carte Bancaire) lead to a URL with a perl-script that calls the Mercanet service (combined with the current customer data sent in the URL).

There the payment is finalized.

After this I of course realize that the payment will not go through in the CB subs system, but maybe some kind of batch update of all the payments (from the file that BNP Paribas returns from all the transactions)could be utilized to verify the payments?
OR
if that is not possible a manual acceptance of the payment from the admin Interface from CB Subs could also be acceptable
OR
Making the call to the perlscript/URL, mean that the customer has actually paid in CB Subs (even if that is not the case), and then manually remove this payment if the transaction file from BNP Paribas later actually shows that no payment has been done from the specific customer.

So my questions will be;
1. IS THIS A SCENARIO THAT CAN BE SOLVED WITH CB Subs?

2. How would you go about to solve this problem? Choose one of my suggestions above OR add another solution if you have a better way of solving this.

I am grateful for all help I can get in this matter.

Best Regards,
/Niklas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #127118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payment problem

The problem (or one of the problems) I want to solve is trying to achieve a payment through the BNP Paribas Mercanet service.

This is not a supported payment gateway, you'd need to write an integration for such a gateway (API Documentation not currently available).

After this I of course realize that the payment will not go through in the CB subs system, but maybe some kind of batch update of all the payments (from the file that BNP Paribas returns from all the transactions)could be utilized to verify the payments?

CBSubs can execute code files via GET, POST, or XML requests once a subscription is active, canceled, etc... This is done using CBSubs URL.

if that is not possible a manual acceptance of the payment from the admin Interface from CB Subs could also be acceptable

This is only doable with Offline Payments as all offline purchases require admin approval.

Making the call to the perlscript/URL, mean that the customer has actually paid in CB Subs (even if that is not the case), and then manually remove this payment if the transaction file from BNP Paribas later actually shows that no payment has been done from the specific customer.

Please see above explained usage of CBSubs URL.

Am not quite sure what to suggest, I would recommend using one of the available Payment Gateways.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nikke_k
  • nikke_k
14 years 7 months ago #127209 by nikke_k
Replied by nikke_k on topic Re:Payment problem
Thank you, for your information.

I overheard that the API and documentation will be released (read it somewhere on the forum). Do you still don't have a date for this?

I cannot - unfortunately - use another payment gateway. I must stick to this one, as there is a long-term agreement in place to use this.

Anyway- regarding using the CB Subs URL to post user registration information to the perl script URL, can you give me an example of this, to find out the naming standards and if there is something else I need to know (i e for example how to update the payments/baskets).

That would be extremely appreciated, and possibly necessary to see if I can use CB Subs or if I need to make use of the refund policy and search somewhere else to find another possible Joomla extension for this.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 7 months ago #127439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payment problem

Anyway- regarding using the CB Subs URL to post user registration information to the perl script URL, can you give me an example of this, to find out the naming standards and if there is something else I need to know (i e for example how to update the payments/baskets).

CBSubs URL is a CBSubs integration that allows you to execute code files based off subscription, the integration is for CBSubs; not to be utilized by outside sources. Sorry, believe you misunderstood my description of its usage.

That would be extremely appreciated, and possibly necessary to see if I can use CB Subs or if I need to make use of the refund policy and search somewhere else to find another possible Joomla extension for this.

If you absolutely need this payment gateway and it can execute code upon payment you can insert subscriptions into your database (examine _cbsubs_subscriptions and as to how you need to structure your insert). You should examine the database tables closely after adding test subscriptions via ONLY CBSubs. This will give you examples to follow as to how to build your queries.

At this time your payment gateway is not supported (am not aware of any plans to implement it either, sorry) nor is the CBSubs API documentation been made available (still being written as it is very extensive), sorry.

Our supported payment gateways are plainly displayed here (CBSubs menu link at top of page) if there was any confusion before purchase.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/19 20:07

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon