Skip to Content Skip to Menu

lifetime of product "version"

• video
  • video
  • Add-ons
14 years 6 months ago #127889 by video
lifetime of product "version" was created by video
Wanting to know what "lifetime of product version" means, because it almost seems to indicate that if the product goes from 1.03 to 2.xx then the lifetime version is spent? It seems like a grammatical error in that it probably should say "lifetime of product". Can someone please clarify that this does indeed mean forever or the lifetime of this CB Subs product? My bet is that the Joomlapolis team will develop this product past 2.x in a year so the 2 or 3 years is a moot point;) :silly:

Regards,

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• video
  • video
  • Add-ons
14 years 6 months ago #127991 by video
Replied by video on topic Re:lifetime of product "version"
Wouldn't it be great to get a response less then slow!

Regards,

Scott

• beat
  • beat
14 years 6 months ago #128137 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:lifetime of product "version"
Yes, if life would allow us to be always available to everyone all the time...sorry for the short delay for my reply.

For technical questions, the active community in here or our technical support team usually replies in same or next work-day.

That said, to reply to your question:

I thought the question was containing an obvious reply in itself :D and didn't require any additional replies:

Things are logical, and how YOU would expect them from a fair company, being run for the long-term.

If you would know us better, you would know that we are a very fair and correct team. :)

How could we sell 3 years of maintenance, and then release every 6 months or year a release which makes maintenance obsolete ? that would be unfair...

"Lifetime" means obviously lifetime of the CBSubs product of Joomlapolis.com.

Obviously, it might not include future other products or extensions sold separately (E.g. let's say we make separate plugin "GoldenEggsChickenBooster" that's a separately sold extension or option to CBSubs), but it includes maintenance on CBSubs, with the functions you had when you bought it at very least.

I know that unfortunately other companies have different business visions, but our vision is one of fairness and long term happy relationship with our community.

You can check for this in the records of last 5 years on this site. :)

Hope that clarifies the question. :)

Thanks for asking, allowing us to clarify this point that seemed so obvious, in your perfect explanation of "moot point" that it would be if things would be different.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon