Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs

• nicodemus
  • nicodemus
14 years 6 months ago #128671 by nicodemus
SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs was created by nicodemus
I'm putting together a pretty big Joomla! based site with the components listed in the subject plus some of nonames bits and pieces and a few others.

The site is intended to be about 80% - 90% subscription and I need to know if CBSubs can also be used to set permissions on parts of SOBI2 (Sobi2 Tasks by ID) and uddeIM and kunena and so on.

I s'pose to refine the question - does CBSubs only deal with CB native fields/tabs and so on?

Many thanks in advance,

Old Nick :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #128681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs

The site is intended to be about 80% - 90% subscription and I need to know if CBSubs can also be used to set permissions on parts of SOBI2 (Sobi2 Tasks by ID) and uddeIM and kunena and so on.

CBSubs is capable of protecting any Joomla component or part of component using the CBSubs Content integration plugin provided in the CBSubs package. It's possible to protect using By URL Part, which allows protecting partial URLs of a component such as a specific ID.

I s'pose to refine the question - does CBSubs only deal with CB native fields/tabs and so on?

Don't fully understand this; native fields and tabs? Do the other extensions feature fields and tabs? Please clarify further, thank you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/30 22:07

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nicodemus
  • nicodemus
14 years 6 months ago #128701 by nicodemus
Replied by nicodemus on topic Re:SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs
I apologise for my inaccuracy.

By native CB I meant only those fields (and their containers e.g. CB's profile tabs) which are created by CB, part of CB, unique to CB and not part of any other Joomla component, module, plugin or whatever.

In database terms perhaps I should say only those fields contained within CB's own tables.

I am very relieved to read in your reply:-

CBSubs is capable of protecting and Joomla component or part of component using the CBSubs Content integration plugin provided in the CBSubs package. It's possible to protect using By URL Part, which allows protecting partial URLs of a component such as a specific ID.

But, sorry to be such a pita, does that include Sobi2, uddeIM and kunena?

I know you said:

and Joomla component or part of component using the CBSubs Content integration plugin

I presume you meant 'any' rather than 'and'. I had some difficulty parsing that statement and cannot afford to make assumtions as to your meaning. I need specific's before I ask my client to authorise me to spend hundreds of dollars, converted to euros for you and gbp for me :).

No I'm not going to hold you guys responsible if things go wrong! I'm far too old, grey and experienced to play those stupid games. Especially with guys who have produced so much excellent Joomla stuff and deserve all kudos from the rest of us!

Now, I need a good specific, accurate feel for what I can do with this and your considered response will be much appreciated.

With a great deal of respect,

Nick Coe (UK)

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #128710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs

In database terms perhaps I should say only those fields contained within CB's own tables.

This is correct, CBSubs can only control Tabs or Fields within CB it self. However depending on how your extensions are created it maybe possible to also control them with By URL Part, but can make no guarantee. CBSubs can not add/control features which do not already exist in the extension.

I presume you meant 'any' rather than 'and'. I had some difficulty parsing that statement and cannot afford to make assumtions as to your meaning. I need specific's before I ask my client to authorise me to spend hundreds of dollars, converted to euros for you and gbp for me.

Yes, sorry lol. That was indeed a typo I did mean "any". :laugh:

No I'm not going to hold you guys responsible if things go wrong! I'm far too old, grey and experienced to play those stupid games. Especially with guys who have produced so much excellent Joomla stuff and deserve all kudos from the rest of us!

No worries! All CBSubs purchases come with a 30 days money back guaranteed if you are less then satisfied or it can not meet your needs. :)

We for sure stand by our development and if any issue is to arise (as you can see from the many posts on the boards) we will do our best to address said issue. B)

Now, I need a good specific, accurate feel for what I can do with this and your considered response will be much appreciated.

This depends entirely on what you wish to control in the described extensions. If you've examples such as URLs to provide or screenshots or a document write up detailing your needs. Whatever the case as a board spectrum yes CBSubs will be capable of controlling those extensions primarily with By URL Part.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/30 22:06

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nicodemus
  • nicodemus
14 years 6 months ago #128743 by nicodemus
Replied by nicodemus on topic Re:SOBI2, CB, uddeIM, kunena and CBSubs
Thanks for your help Kyle, much appreciated.

I'm going to do a bit more research and if I've any more questions then, well, erm, to use a film cliche, I'll be back :silly:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon