Skip to Content Skip to Menu

converting from AEC

• ecarne
  • ecarne
14 years 6 months ago #128843 by ecarne
converting from AEC was created by ecarne
I am looking at converting from AEC to CB-Subs. Just seems simpler to be in one platform than 3 ( CB / AEC / Community ACL)
SO the obvious questions:
Data fro AEC can be exported - can it be imported to CB-subs? Recreating the plans is easy, copying data is tougher, and if it is manual, I need to know as the paid side turns on in 2 weeks.
I have multiple plans - some free, some paid, some very paid. I there an easy way for subscribers to upgrade / downgrade / cancel?
I use Authorize.net and process in US$. However, I live in Canada and must collect GST and HST. Do you have the tax side of Authorize.net working as you have with PayPAl?
Does CB-subs handle access to articles / videos / downloads the way community ACL does?, or do I still need ACL?
I assume that I can install cb-subs, configure it, and just not turn it on until all data is populated, then turn it on and AEC off?
One problem I have is that I have 3 levels of membership Earth / Lunar / Solar. Earth is free and gets some content, Lunar gets all Earth and more, Solar gets everything. If I have an article at Earth level, I must grant access at earth / Lunar and Solar levels individually. It can't figure out that if its OK at Earth, then Solar gets it to, Id this also teh way cb-subs works, or does it have a hierarchy?

There's probably more.

Thx

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #128891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:converting from AEC

Data fro AEC can be exported - can it be imported to CB-subs? Recreating the plans is easy, copying data is tougher, and if it is manual, I need to know as the paid side turns on in 2 weeks.

CBSubs features an Import feature which will allow importing users subscriptions on a basic (drop-downs) or advanced level (file based). File based method is a comma separated list of users and their subscription information such as plan, expiration date, etc...

I have multiple plans - some free, some paid, some very paid. I there an easy way for subscribers to upgrade / downgrade / cancel?

Users can easily upgrade, unsubscribe, cancel, etc.. as they see fit, but is completely dependent on how you've configured your plans.

I use Authorize.net and process in US$. However, I live in Canada and must collect GST and HST. Do you have the tax side of Authorize.net working as you have with PayPAl?

I have not personally used Authorize.net, but if taxes are handled on Authorize.net end then yes. As is Paypal handles all the taxes, which is why it is supported. Currently CBSubs it self does not handle taxes, but is a feature to be added.

Does CB-subs handle access to articles / videos / downloads the way community ACL does?, or do I still need ACL?

I can not comment on comparison to ACL as have never used ACL, sorry. However, CBSubs features various protection methods an numerous integrations for specific extensions. Most extensions you'll only ever need By URL Part protection which will allow you to protect entire URLs or part of URLs for various extensions.

I assume that I can install cb-subs, configure it, and just not turn it on until all data is populated, then turn it on and AEC off?

Correct, CBSubs is a CB plugin which you may enable or disable as you see fit.

One problem I have is that I have 3 levels of membership Earth / Lunar / Solar. Earth is free and gets some content, Lunar gets all Earth and more, Solar gets everything. If I have an article at Earth level, I must grant access at earth / Lunar and Solar levels individually. It can't figure out that if its OK at Earth, then Solar gets it to, Id this also teh way cb-subs works, or does it have a hierarchy?

CBSubs supports a Parent -> Children relationship, but only goes 1 child deep such as the following.

Parent
-> Child
-> Child

In your situation I recommend all 3 plans be Exclusive Parent plans.

I recommend reviewing the article found here as it should be capable of answering all your questions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon