Skip to Content Skip to Menu

different profile page regarding to type of user

14 years 6 months ago #129067 by loicberder
Hello,
i have seen that is possible to have different registration page for each type of plan
(we are able to hide some field...)

I would know if it's also possible to also have different profile page ?

thanks in advance
Loïc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #129254 by krileon
Yes it is possible to do the same for profiles using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration which will allow controlling display/access of fields/tabs based on a users subscription OR the user viewing the users subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #129268 by loicberder
hello,
thanks for this answer
i have already seen those features in the documentation

but I am searching to know if i can have differents profiles templates (based on the plan the user have subcribed) : means differents ways of presenting the informations not only hiding some tabs or fields
(like Community Builder Profile Pro extension for exemple)

am i more understandable ?
loïc

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #129278 by krileon
Aah, sorry no CBSubs can not move tabs or fields around to create entirely different profiles. HOWEVER, does not mean it can not be done!

First create all your fields to not display on profile. Now create all your tabs. Then create delimiter fields and using substitutions you'll display said fields. You could create the following.

Tabs
Tab1_Plan1 (Position: Main)
- Field1_Plan1_favoriteshow

You then protect the above tab with Plan 1. Therefor the tab will only show if the user has Plan 1. You can then create this tab again but as Tab1_Plan2 in a different position as well as recreate the field. Then protect that newly duplicated tab with field with Plan 2. You then have the same information in 2 different locations based on a users subscription.

It is also possible to simply create a new fieldtype plugin or just a new CB plugin which can alter the template using the trigger onBeforeUserProfileDisplay followed by example code snippet as the triggers function (please see tutorials on triggers for better understanding of their usage).

[code:1]
$ueConfig = 'template_name';
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/05 19:29

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #129681 by loicberder
hello,
thanks for the tips

i can not duplicate the fields because if the user upgrade is plan, he'ill have the re-enter the data...

i'll try to explore "the trigger manner"
thanks
loïc

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #129753 by krileon

i can not duplicate the fields because if the user upgrade is plan, he'ill have the re-enter the data...

You do not need to duplicate fields, you're actually only having 1 field that stores the information within Field Management. All you're doing is creating multiple Delimiter fields which use substitutions such as [cb_myfield] to display it in various locations.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon