Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Questions re using CBSubs for offline membership

• df23
  • df23
14 years 6 months ago #129876 by df23
Apologies if i an repeating questions asked previously. I have looked through the forums for these questions but couldnt find them hence this post

We run a charity in the UK which has an off line (real world!) membership. We have a shop using joomla + virtuemart which we use to sell products (to both members and non-members).

We would like to be able to process new and renewal (but not recurring) memberships using virtuemart and i am wondering if CBSubs will provide the functionality that we need.

Can CBSubs be used so that the customer will not be asked for a username and password (this would have no relevance as they are purchasing an off line membership)?

If an existing member is to renew can this be done (assuming that there are no details of the member in CB on the website)?

Can details of the new/renewing members be emailed to an administrator for input into our membership database and if so would we have the capability of controlling the content/format of the membership data?

If CBSubs is integrated with virtuemart is it correct that CBSubs will not need its own payment processing? I have written an interface in virtuemart for our PSP. If we needed one for CBSubs is it likely to be similar to the virtuemart requirements?

We are currently running Joomla 1.0.11 and are looking for an interim solution for taking memberships via the website whilst waiting for Joomla 1.6. Then we will take the jump forwards. As an alternative we could build a 1.5 site to manage just membership if there are issues with using Joomla 1.0. Just looking for a temporary "quick and dirty" solution if necessary.

thanks in advance for an advice
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #129969 by krileon

Can CBSubs be used so that the customer will not be asked for a username and password (this would have no relevance as they are purchasing an off line membership)?

No, you MUST have a registered account and logged in to subscribe using CBSubs.

If an existing member is to renew can this be done (assuming that there are no details of the member in CB on the website)?

Yes, but the user MUST be logged in to renew.

Can details of the new/renewing members be emailed to an administrator for input into our membership database and if so would we have the capability of controlling the content/format of the membership data?

Yes, CBSubs comes with various integrations and one of them being CBSubs Emails which will allow you to design and specify custom emails to whomever you choose.

If CBSubs is integrated with virtuemart is it correct that CBSubs will not need its own payment processing? I have written an interface in virtuemart for our PSP. If we needed one for CBSubs is it likely to be similar to the virtuemart requirements?

No, CBSubs does not use VirtueMart as a payment processor.

CBSubs and VirtueMart are not per say integrated to one another. CBSubs comes with an integration to allow placing users in VirtueMart User and Shopper groups based off subscription; that is it.

You would need to write a custom payment processor plugin for CBSubs, which is not yet possible as API has not yet released (should be available for next release, sorry don't have a release date).

We are currently running Joomla 1.0.11 and are looking for an interim solution for taking memberships via the website whilst waiting for Joomla 1.6. Then we will take the jump forwards. As an alternative we could build a 1.5 site to manage just membership if there are issues with using Joomla 1.0. Just looking for a temporary "quick and dirty" solution if necessary.

CBSubs is completely native on Joomla 1.0.x, Joomla 1.5.x, and Mambo 4.6.x. So no worries about upgrading (although it is recommended for added security).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon