Skip to Content Skip to Menu

IS CBSubs right for me?

• GarfordJB
  • GarfordJB
14 years 5 months ago #130713 by GarfordJB
IS CBSubs right for me? was created by GarfordJB
Hello all,

I think that CBSubs may be the right solution for my requirements, but I thought I'd ask some questions to find out for certain. Hopefully, one of you kind folk will help me out.

I am building a family website, where people can put up articles and sell them to each other. However, as the prices will be measured in pence, rather than pounds, I am looking to use a credits system. Initially, users will be able to buy credit in £10 lumps (via paypal), and then they can top up as they go. They will also be able to cash those credits in again, when they reaches a minimum of, say, £15.

Anyway, the point is that they will not be paying a subscription, nor will they be paying, via paypal, for each item they buy.

I am therefore looking for a system which means that people MUST buy £10 of credits when they register. This will also help me to prevent spam (I hope), which, on a family website could be disastrous.

So there you go. I’m looking for a system that will insist the person registering pays before using. They will be buying something with their “registration fee”, but that something will be credits. I suspect that I will have to have the credits system written for me, but would like to have it added on to CB, which I presently use.

As an afterthought, would it be possible to make that initial fee £0? Would that be a way of checking that the user has a paypal account, without costing them, or me, any money?

Sorry for the essay, and thank you in advance for your help!

Garford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eirikur_J
  • Eirikur_J
14 years 5 months ago #130714 by Eirikur_J
Replied by Eirikur_J on topic Re:IS CBSubs right for me?
Maybe this question should be more at home in the "Presales Questions" rather than here?

• GarfordJB
  • GarfordJB
14 years 5 months ago #130715 by GarfordJB
Replied by GarfordJB on topic Re:IS CBSubs right for me?
Good point. I failed to spot that part of the forum. Perhaps a moderator could move it for me?

Thank you!

Garford.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 5 months ago #130718 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:IS CBSubs right for me?
GarfordJB wrote:

Good point. I failed to spot that part of the forum. Perhaps a moderator could move it for me?

Thank you!

Garford.

Done.

• GarfordJB
  • GarfordJB
14 years 5 months ago #130932 by GarfordJB
Replied by GarfordJB on topic Re:IS CBSubs right for me?
Hello again,

Is there anyone able to help me with this? I'd be much appreciative.

Garford

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #131018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IS CBSubs right for me?

I am building a family website, where people can put up articles and sell them to each other. However, as the prices will be measured in pence, rather than pounds, I am looking to use a credits system. Initially, users will be able to buy credit in £10 lumps (via paypal), and then they can top up as they go. They will also be able to cash those credits in again, when they reaches a minimum of, say, £15.

No, CBSubs is not a store. Users can not sell produces via CBSubs (this includes subscriptions, etc...). The best approach for such scenario is to have subscription based access and use an affiliates commission system for your writers (iDevAffiliate and PostAffiliatePro official supported).

I suppose you could also setup a payment gateway to each writers paypal account (would require you having access to their accounts or set them up accounts for them). Then using Owner ID link such gateway to a plan which gives access to that authors articles.

I am therefore looking for a system which means that people MUST buy £10 of credits when they register. This will also help me to prevent spam (I hope), which, on a family website could be disastrous.

I suppose you could use CBSubs Fields to update a CB Field based on subscription thus providing users the ability to purchase points. You'd still need an extension to assist in expending said points on articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon