Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs & ads monitoring

• Woyto
  • Woyto
14 years 5 months ago #132160 by Woyto
CBSubs & ads monitoring was created by Woyto
Hello,
I'm considering the purchase of CBSubs for a small ads monitoring agency. Customers / users will be able to choose a plan which will consist of two factors time of subscription and newspapers and magazines - e.g. one month subscription for daily newspapers.
Users after login will be able to see in gallery the ads from a particular day and except of that will receive an everyday mailing with the ads.
I'd like to make sure for 100% that CBSubs is a right choice for this.

Looking forward to your answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #132198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSubs & ads monitoring
CBSubs can't provide the Ads or Newsletter/Newspaper aspect of course, but it certainly can handle the integration to such an extension as well as the subscriptions aspect. Generally a Newsletter component is paired with CBSubs allowing users to subscribe to newsletters based off subscriptions via CBSubs SQL Actions (queries to add user to newsletter mailing). CBSubs could also protect a delimiter field which displays your Ads thus only those subscribed may see them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Woyto
  • Woyto
14 years 5 months ago #132267 by Woyto
Replied by Woyto on topic Re:CBSubs & ads monitoring
Dear Krileon,

thank you for quick answer. But sorry, can I ask one more question, or two.
So basically, I understand that CBSubs works just like Joomlapolis CBDocs subscription part. So, this is kind of access tool to a webpage resources.
To send newsletters I need another component - I use now AcyMailing from acyba.com which has its own integration plg to CB?
And, for storing the ads on my webpage another component, like Docman or Joomgallery? To which CBSubs would give appropriate access.
What is your opinion, is it correct solution?

Thanks for your patience.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #132295 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSubs & ads monitoring

So basically, I understand that CBSubs works just like Joomlapolis CBDocs subscription part. So, this is kind of access tool to a webpage resources.

Correct.

To send newsletters I need another component - I use now AcyMailing from acyba.com which has its own integration plg to CB?

AcyMailing will work; am not sure about integration plugin, but has been integrated to CBSubs by way of CBSubs SQL Actions (performs queries). You can review the queries which have already been provided within the SQL Actions boards.

And, for storing the ads on my webpage another component, like Docman or Joomgallery? To which CBSubs would give appropriate access.

Correct, really depends on where you want the ads. For instance you could use CBSubs to grant access to XYZ delimiter field and XYZ delimiter field has AD ABC. Using document subscriber CB Content module you could display the ad delimiter field on any page you'd like. This is just one of the many possibilities of course.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon