Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Extending Maintenance & Upgrading License

• WebMuse
  • WebMuse
14 years 5 months ago #132221 by WebMuse
Post edited by: WebMuse, at: 2010/05/06 20:45

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/07 21:08

WebMuse G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WebMuse
  • WebMuse
14 years 5 months ago #132223 by WebMuse
The following quote is from the CBSubs pricing page:
Expired maintenance agreements must pay full license purchase for upgrade version

1) Can I purchase additional year(s) of maintenance a few days before my original maintenance expires for the same price as when I purchase additional years as listed in the chart? (ie. 19 euros with a 500 user license)

2) If I'm upgrading my license, either before or after the maintenance has expired, can I add additional years of maintenance for the price listed (for the upgraded level) on the chart?

3) The license is per User, so I assume this means per registered CB user who has purchased one or more plans? If one user purchases 10 different subscriptions/plans, this still counts as just one User, correct?

Please add any additional considerations that might impact how I should price my membership/subscriptions and analyze if CBSubs is affordable for me or not.

To start off, I'm thinking I need to keep my expenses as low as possible, then after I see how my sales are going, I can then justify more expense. On the other hand, paying the full license fee twice is very expensive, regardless of the business model.

Thanks for your help,
G

WebMuse G

• beat
  • beat
14 years 5 months ago #132443 by beat
WebMuse wrote:

The following quote is from the CBSubs pricing page:
Expired maintenance agreements must pay full license purchase for upgrade version

1) Can I purchase additional year(s) of maintenance a few days before my original maintenance expires for the same price as when I purchase additional years as listed in the chart? (ie. 19 euros with a 500 user license)

2) If I'm upgrading my license, either before or after the maintenance has expired, can I add additional years of maintenance for the price listed (for the upgraded level) on the chart?

3) The license is per User, so I assume this means per registered CB user who has purchased one or more plans? If one user purchases 10 different subscriptions/plans, this still counts as just one User, correct?

Please add any additional considerations that might impact how I should price my membership/subscriptions and analyze if CBSubs is affordable for me or not.

To start off, I'm thinking I need to keep my expenses as low as possible, then after I see how my sales are going, I can then justify more expense. On the other hand, paying the full license fee twice is very expensive, regardless of the business model.

Thanks for your help,
G

Hi WebMuse,

The whole licensing model is as fair as can be :) , so to reply to your questions above:

1) yes, as long as it is before the maintenance period expires.

2) yes, as long as it is before the maintenance period expires.

3) correct, to keep things simple and fast, it's the number of rows in jos_users which counts. So it's not depending of number of subscriptions.

Upgrading an existing license is easy: go to your profile, click "Upgrade options" for the license, choose new number of sites, users and maintenance, and pay only for the difference (as long as you are under maintenance, first year being included). :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• WebMuse
  • WebMuse
14 years 5 months ago #132446 by WebMuse
Thanks Beat for your response. This is what it sounded like, but I wanted to be sure. Yes, I agree that the licensing model is very reasonable.

I'm heading out on vacation soon, until early June, so will wait until I return so I get the full 30 days to ensure it meets my needs -- which I'm sure it will.

Thanks again,
G

WebMuse G

Moderators: beatnantkrileon