Skip to Content Skip to Menu

different fields - multiple profiles

• bossaxe
  • bossaxe
14 years 5 months ago #133105 by bossaxe
different fields - multiple profiles was created by bossaxe
I am testing out the FREE version CB right now and contemplating the membership version.

I want to be able to have multiple profile types based on registration. With fields based on the profile type chosen.
When filling out the registration form:
User is asked:

What profile do you want?
- Soccer profile
- Basketball profile
- Tennis Profile

Then once they pick the profile (let's say SOCCER), certain categories appear that correspond to the profile.
(this can happen after they sign up, or during sign up, just as long as the fields correspond with profile type, and they can fill it out)
- Favorite team?
- What position do you play?
- What foot do you kick with?

Then this information will show on the users profile SOCCER.

I also want the user to be able to upload videos and photos.

Is CBSUBS membership the best for this need?

Advise please,
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #133108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:different fields - multiple profiles
CBSubs will allow hiding of fields at registration based off plan select; so yes it will be capable of providing you with your needs. You can then use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration (provided with CBSubs package) to hide tabs and or fields on a users profile based off their plan selection. This will allow creation of unique profiles AND experiences on your site based off the users subscription (could be free and called profile type?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bossaxe
  • bossaxe
14 years 5 months ago #133161 by bossaxe
Replied by bossaxe on topic Re:different fields - multiple profiles
Ok, so I have bought the CBSUBS, and looked through the forums, for methods on creating multiple profile/plan types and Multiple registration types, (one guy from the forum went with Dolphin not CBSUBS - odd).

Anyways, I downloaded the GoupsJive plugin, which until know I can't figure out the use? I can create lists and do almost the same thing? Also, on my "registration form" i connected a drop down selection to the "Groups" plugin-TAB, however, when someone chooses a "specific group" from the selection drop down menu, it doesn't connect to the GROUPS Component. Is it supposed to? (view attached -never mind it didn't upload)

I am thinking "verbage" is a problem here.
1. Are plans, profile types the same as LISTS?
2. If NOT then how do I create Different PLANS?
3. How do I create different profile types?(I think they are the same)
4. I didn't find documentation or tutorial explaining this, so sorry in advance. I looked.
5. Do I have to buy the "subscription package also?" Even though my site is for people creating FREE profiles? (Its not a pay for access site)

Thanks-

Post edited by: bossaxe, at: 2010/05/16 07:02

Post edited by: bossaxe, at: 2010/05/16 07:04
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #133281 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:different fields - multiple profiles

1. Are plans, profile types the same as LISTS?

Don't understand what you mean. Plans are plans; they are not profile types. You can create profile types superficially by restricting tabs and or fields based on a users subscription. This creates an experience unique to the user based off their subscription; essentially creating profile types.

2. If NOT then how do I create Different PLANS?

Please review your documentation very very closely as many details on how to configure your CBSubs installation are covered in great detail. This includes creation of new plans via CB Paid Subscriptions plugin.

3. How do I create different profile types?(I think they are the same)

Create multiple plans, then on the workflows tab hide various fields are registration by those plans. Then using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection you can protect those tabs/fields on a users profile. Thus creating "profile types".

4. I didn't find documentation or tutorial explaining this, so sorry in advance. I looked.

Please review your documentation closely and likely will take multiple reads. It is very extensive and detailed.

5. Do I have to buy the "subscription package also?" Even though my site is for people creating FREE profiles? (Its not a pay for access site)

Don't understand what you mean? Do you have to buy CBSubs? Yes. Do you have to be a document subscriber? No. You also do not have to charge your users. Free Lifetime plans are very possible (please ensure you've set CBSubs Global Settings to create subscriptions for Free Lifetime plans).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon