Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Free Friend Code

14 years 5 months ago #133539 by sillEChris
Free Friend Code was created by sillEChris
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but...

I want to let each person who signs up and pays(lifetime membership) to be able to give out one free membership (lifetime membership).

Is there any way to do this through CBSubs?

Thanks!

-Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #133591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Free Friend Code
No, this is currently not possible. It maybe possible with a future release using the planned Coupons system.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• CrazyCarl
  • CrazyCarl
13 years 10 months ago #147361 by CrazyCarl
Replied by CrazyCarl on topic Re:Free Friend Code
Would be nice to have a work around for this. Giving gift subs to current subscribers is a pretty regular activity for most publications these days.

Paypal offers no means to doing this either... so the solution is thousands and thousands of manual CB sub entries???? Really???

:dry:
CC

Post edited by: CrazyCarl, at: 2010/11/30 20:41

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #147368 by krileon
Editing a user and granting them a subscription via User Management is the current and only method at this time. Timed emails, custom durations, and coupon system are our top features we'll be working to implement. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• CrazyCarl
  • CrazyCarl
13 years 10 months ago #148691 by CrazyCarl
Replied by CrazyCarl on topic Re:Free Friend Code
Okay thanks... I'm sure that's a lot of work.

Now ad the ability to export ALL the data from the CBSub userlist and profile fields and now we're talking some business. The limited export and reporting capabilities of Joomla and CB is a real kick in the pants.

CC

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 10 months ago #148752 by krileon
Agreed, we've plans for export features for CB 2.0 and later. It's possible CBSubs will implement such an export feature in a later release as well. For the time being database queries using phpmyadmin and exporting as CSV should be sufficient. It's also possible some of the "reporting" extensions found on Joomla.org may have a CB integration (or even CBSubs?).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon