Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Details for prospective user

• johntennock
  • johntennock
  • Add-ons
14 years 4 months ago #134520 by johntennock
[SOLVED] Details for prospective user was created by johntennock
I am helping a not-for-profit association migrate from another CMS to Joomla and it appears that they will need CBSubs functionality to process subscriptions, donations and on-line sales (events and merchandise). I haven't done any e-commerce stuff before.

My experience with Community Builder has been good, and I am pretty confident about CBSubs being the best application for this job. However, because CBSubs is a commercial extension I can't do my usual off-site testing before installing on the target site.

My main concern is to understand the financial interface. I really have three questions

1. Could someone please clarify for me how the transaction posted at the front-end of CBSubs ends up as money in the association's bank account. Is an intermediary like PayPal used?

2. Are there sites in Australia using CBSubs? I understand that there may be some features in the Australian banking system that could cause problems for non-australian software.

3. Are there any issues I need to consider regarding using CBSubs for event sales. (i.e. payment for conferences)

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks,

John Tennock

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/04 15:39

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #134565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Details for prospective user

However, because CBSubs is a commercial extension I can't do my usual off-site testing before installing on the target site.

CBSubs allows installation on a live site and development site. You should be able to successfully develop off-site perfectly fine. You of course will still need to have your off-site server have access to the internet for license checks to be successful.

1. Could someone please clarify for me how the transaction posted at the front-end of CBSubs ends up as money in the association's bank account. Is an intermediary like PayPal used?

A Payment gateway such as Paypal is used. There is no "Direct Deposit" supported and believe never will be. For list of available payment gateways please review this link.

2. Are there sites in Australia using CBSubs? I understand that there may be some features in the Australian banking system that could cause problems for non-australian software.

There are sites all around the world using CBSubs. We use Payment Gateways so location specific banking needs are not direct concern of CBSubs. In a sort of ways the "middle man" (e.g. Paypal) handles any such concerns.

3. Are there any issues I need to consider regarding using CBSubs for event sales. (i.e. payment for conferences)

Not particularly. Am not sure how you intended to do your Event sales, but CBSubs does provide "Merchandise" based plans, "Single Payment Subscriptions", etc... Sorry, can't comment further on your usage without further details such as if you're going to use an extension in conjunction with it, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• johntennock
  • johntennock
  • Add-ons
14 years 4 months ago #134712 by johntennock
Replied by johntennock on topic Re:Details for prospective user
Very helpful, thanks Kyle

• johntennock
  • johntennock
  • Add-ons
14 years 4 months ago #135022 by johntennock
Replied by johntennock on topic Re:Details for prospective user
I wonder if I could clarify this a bit more please.
We are currently developing the site under localhost on a local PC. Does that qualify as a development site?

Obviously the local PC has internet access, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would be accessible for your license check.

Also, I have the impression hat I can't download CBSubs until I have paid for it, but the prospective user is unwilling to pay until they have had a bit more exposure to confirm that it will satisfy their needs.

Am I understanding all this correctly?

Cheers,

John T

• nant
  • nant
14 years 4 months ago #135033 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Details for prospective user
johntennock wrote:

I wonder if I could clarify this a bit more please.
We are currently developing the site under localhost on a local PC. Does that qualify as a development site?

Yes it does.

Obviously the local PC has internet access, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would be accessible for your license check.

You need internet access for license check.

Also, I have the impression hat I can't download CBSubs until I have paid for it, but the prospective user is unwilling to pay until they have had a bit more exposure to confirm that it will satisfy their needs.

Am I understanding all this correctly?

Cheers,

John T

Yes, you need to purchase before being able to download and use CBSubs.

We do have a 30 day money back no questions asked period.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon