Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Virtuemart and free subscriptions work-flow

• Attros
  • Attros
14 years 4 months ago #134754 by Attros
Dear Support!

I've would like to ask you if the following process work-flow is possible with CBSubs and available plug-ins:

I have a Virtuemart bookshop.
I've would like to offer for the visitors who register a 90 day free trial membership, where - when they register on site - automatically to be moved to a VIP virtuemart shopper group with 10% discount on all products till the end of membership.

If they do not buy any product in the membership period the user to be moved back to the default virtuemart shopper group but not to be removed from the registered users of the shop.

If they buy any product from shop in the membership period the user to be moved automatically to another virtuemart shopper group, at Gold level, where they have the same 10% discount on all products but membership to be valid (or the VIP group validity to be extended) till the end of 2010.

Practically both of membership plans are free, but I wish that only the VIP to be accessible to the visitors who want to register and the Gold plan to be automatic for the registered users who buy something from the shop (or the extension of the validity of the VIP plan).

I do not plan to have any paid membership, at least not in the approximate future.

I know that Virtuemart have they on registration form and it's store the user data in separate SQL tables (the Joomla users and Virtuemart users must be synchronized) but I wish to use one registration form to not confuse and bother the user in the registration process.

Is possible to achieve this process work-flow with your products?

Please give me an exact response, I have a live production site at www.online-konyvek.info and it's crucial to fix this somehow.

If this is possible I will buy definitively your's product but I do not want to invest in a product till I do not know the exact capabilities or I do not want to hack or modify the codes.

With best regards,
Attila

Post edited by: Attros, at: 2010/06/04 10:28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 4 months ago #134755 by nant
Attros wrote:

Dear Support!

I've would like to ask you if the following process work-flow is possible with CBSubs and available plug-ins:

I have a Virtuemart bookshop.
I've would like to offer for the visitors who register a 90 day free trial membership, where - when they register on site - automatically to be moved to a VIP virtuemart shopper group with 10% discount on all products till the end of membership.

This is doable with CBSubs and the CBSubs virtuemart integration plugin (included in CBSubs package).

If they do not buy any product in the membership period the user to be moved back to the default virtuemart shopper group but not to be removed from the registered users of the shop.

This is also doable.

If they buy any product from shop in the membership period the user to be moved automatically to another virtuemart shopper group, at Gold level, where they have the same 10% discount on all products but membership to be valid (or the VIP group validity to be extended) till the end of 2010.

Practically both of membership plans are free, but I wish that only the VIP to be accessible to the visitors who want to register and the Gold plan to be automatic for the registered users who buy something from the shop (or the extension of the validity of the VIP plan).

I do not plan to have any paid membership, at least not in the approximate future.

I know that Virtuemart have they on registration form and it's store the user data in separate SQL tables (the Joomla users and Virtuemart users must be synchronized) but I wish to use one registration form to not confuse and bother the user in the registration process.

Is possible to achieve this process work-flow with your products?

Please give me an exact response, I have a live production site at www.online-konyvek.info and it's crucial to fix this somehow.

If this is possible I will buy definitively your's product but I do not want to invest in a product till I do not know the exact capabilities or I do not want to hack or modify the codes.

With best regards,
Attila

Post edited by: Attros, at: 2010/06/04 10:28

This part would need changes/plugins from the Virtuemart side and as far as I know it is not available at the moment and could only be implemented as a hack (since i believe that the virtuemart API does not support triggers?).

In theory when the CBSubs API is released for product integrations one could code a CBSubs plugin to query the Virtuemart database and decide how to handle some aspects of the logic you need. But you would still need Virtuemart triggers to handle other parts of the logic you stated.

So, to summarize what you want is not doable out of the box and it would require code modifications from both ends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon