Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Just want confirmation

• ryanvd
  • ryanvd
14 years 4 months ago #134917 by ryanvd
Just want confirmation was created by ryanvd
Looking to use the Subscription Add-on on a project and I was wondering about the following...

- If a user buys an item online, is there an option that opens up more areas a with articles about the item?

- Can this script support the ability for users to view videos only for users who paid for subscriptions.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #134922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Just want confirmation

- If a user buys an item online, is there an option that opens up more areas a with articles about the item?

Buys an item? You mean if a user buys a subscription? Yes, when a user subscriptions it can be configured to provide access to various locations of your site such as articles.

- Can this script support the ability for users to view videos only for users who paid for subscriptions.

Yes, CBSubs can limit access to an extension that provides video support on your site. CBSubs it self does not provide videos, but it can limit access to various extensions and pages based on a users subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ryanvd
  • ryanvd
14 years 4 months ago #134926 by ryanvd
Replied by ryanvd on topic Re:Just want confirmation
I meant in regards to the following...

Say a customer buys a tin of sugar, once purchased they can read articles about the tin of sugar. So when they get tin of sugar they know how to use it.

If that makes sense.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #134985 by krileon
ryan.vandijk wrote:

I meant in regards to the following...

Say a customer buys a tin of sugar, once purchased they can read articles about the tin of sugar. So when they get tin of sugar they know how to use it.

If that makes sense.

No, merchandise plans do not control various accesses to your site. They're 1 shot subscriptions good for things such as CBSubs SQL Actions to trigger a query on every purchase.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ryanvd
  • ryanvd
14 years 4 months ago #135047 by ryanvd
Replied by ryanvd on topic Re:Just want confirmation
Okay a better example.

Can a person be in two different 'Subscription' groups at the same time?

In example: Can a 'Subscribed Member (basic subscription)' could they buy 'Advance Subscription' and still view everything in the 'basic'. The only main difference they would get something in the mail and be able to see more articles in relation to the product and the basic subscription?

If not, is there a plug-in I need to be able to make this sorta thing happen?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #135097 by krileon

Can a person be in two different 'Subscription' groups at the same time?

Yes, if the two plans the user is subscribed to are non-exclusive or are Parent > Child based.

In example: Can a 'Subscribed Member (basic subscription)' could they buy 'Advance Subscription' and still view everything in the 'basic'. The only main difference they would get something in the mail and be able to see more articles in relation to the product and the basic subscription?

Yes, set Basic as exclusive followed by Advanced as non-exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon