Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Calendar, Blog, merchandise and multiple le

• lisatfo
  • lisatfo
14 years 4 months ago #135738 by lisatfo
Calendar, evite, Blog, merchandise and multiple levels of membership

I apologize for asking this question but I've spent many hours looking throught the CB website. There is so much information it's hard to find any specifics. :blink: I finally decided it might be quickest to just ask...

I am building a wine club membership site that has the following requirements:

* Blog - Public can view but only paid members can comment.
* Events Calendar - Public can view but members get evites and can RSVP to admin
* Only members can see and purchase merchandise (wine).
* Members have scheduled shipments that they can modify (change date, kind and amount)
* Multiple levels of membership get different levels of discount on merchendise and access to more merchendise.
* Public vistors can purchase membership on line using a custom application.

Can CB do this? If so what modules will I need?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 4 months ago #135748 by nant
lisatfo wrote:

Calendar, evite, Blog, merchandise and multiple levels of membership

I apologize for asking this question but I've spent many hours looking throught the CB website. There is so much information it's hard to find any specifics. :blink: I finally decided it might be quickest to just ask...

Ok will try to address ...

I am building a wine club membership site that has the following requirements:

* Blog - Public can view but only paid members can comment.

You can use the CB ProfileBook plugin (available to CB Documentation subscribers) as a blog, but it doesn't have comments. You can use some other blog component (K2 maybe) and use CBSubs to protect commenting with URL-parts (you would need to verify this with specific blog extension).

* Events Calendar - Public can view but members get evites and can RSVP to admin

You would have to install an events extension - CB 1.2.2 doesn't have this functionality.

* Only members can see and purchase merchandise (wine).

You can do this with CBSubs merchandise by making the merchandise available only to higher group levels (example - authors) that other membership plans bump users to.

You should be able to achieve something similar with Virtuemart I believe.

* Members have scheduled shipments that they can modify (change date, kind and amount)

I don't understand what this is - but I would say it is not supported.

* Multiple levels of membership get different levels of discount on merchendise and access to more merchendise.

No coupon type discounts currently available in CBSubs. You can use Virtuemart feature to give better prices to members and there is an integration with CBSubs to accomplish this.

Is this a question? If membership is a CBSubs plan then CBSubs is needed.

Can CB do this? If so what modules will I need?

Hope the above helps.

• lisatfo
  • lisatfo
14 years 4 months ago #135766 by lisatfo
Thanks for the response. I'll try to explain the last two a little better.

As wine club members by law, they must accept "Scheduled Shipments". So they must pick a membership plan
Example:
Member level 1 - 4 bottles of wine per year (1 bottle per quarter)
Member level 2 - 8 bottles of wine per year (2 bottles per quarter)

Say the shipment is scheduled on April 1st but the customer will be on vacation. They need to be able to reschedule for April 15th. And maybe they want to add a extra bottle to this shipment.

The website visitor can join the club online (paid subscription) but the catch is we have to use a custom form. There are required fields that must be filled by law.

I hope that makes it a little more clear.
Lisa T

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #135773 by krileon

Say the shipment is scheduled on April 1st but the customer will be on vacation. They need to be able to reschedule for April 15th. And maybe they want to add a extra bottle to this shipment.

CB does not handle merchandise in such a manner nor does it handle shipping of any kind. Perhaps the usage of VirtueMart in this case would be best?

The website visitor can join the club online (paid subscription) but the catch is we have to use a custom form. There are required fields that must be filled by law.

This is very doable. Simply create your new fields within Field Management and set them as Required. Then within the subscriptions you do NOT require those fields simply select to Hide on Registration via Workflows tab of your plans. You'll need to also use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration to hide/show via Profile Edit based on subscription as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• lisatfo
  • lisatfo
14 years 4 months ago #135779 by lisatfo
Thanks for the fast reply!

You mention virtuemart.. I was planning on using oscommerce. Is it supported?

So just to be clear.. if I use the recommendations provided in this posting will the member have to login multiple times?
I want them to just login once and have all their permissions granted at that time to use the different components of the website (Calendar, blog, ecommerce, etc).

Thanks again for this information!

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #135854 by krileon

You mention virtuemart.. I was planning on using oscommerce. Is it supported?

Neither are "supported" as we didn't develop them, but if oscommerce is a Joomla extension then CBSubs can protect it with By URL Part protection or perform queries on it with CBSubs SQL Actions.

if I use the recommendations provided in this posting will the member have to login multiple times?

If using VirtueMart, no as CBSubs VirtueMart integration will synchronize the user to VM. I can't comment about oscommerce as never used it, sorry. Some extensions have their own login processes such as VirtueMart, but most do not so of course there will only be 1 login attempt necessary via CB Login Module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon