Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscription price based on date

• HSOY
  • HSOY
14 years 4 months ago #135979 by HSOY
Subscription price based on date was created by HSOY
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to setup a subscription so the price is $30 and then after a certain date it goes up to $40? Sort of like a late registration penalty.

Thanks,
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 4 months ago #135985 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subscription price based on date
After a certain date, no. After a certain duration, yes. For example you can have your first time duration (please see Pricing tab of your plan) set to 1 week. Then set your initial duration to 1 month. You can then have two prices for each duration. Once the 1 week has expired the user can continue their subscription at the new price and duration (initial). For what you're wanting I recommend disabling the plan once it has reached the date you're wanting manually, copying it, then editing the copies price and make it available.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• HSOY
  • HSOY
14 years 4 months ago #135998 by HSOY
Replied by HSOY on topic Re:Subscription price based on date
Thanks for the reply.

This is for a school group. The way they do it now is they charge $30 if you sign up in August. Anytime after August it goes up to $40. So I think your suggestion would work.

Another question I have... everyone's subscriptions should expire at the end of July. Is there a way I can set the duration of the subscriptions to expire on a certain date independent of when they start? That way if someone subscribes in November their subscription will still expire in July of the next year?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #136116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subscription price based on date

This is for a school group. The way they do it now is they charge $30 if you sign up in August. Anytime after August it goes up to $40. So I think your suggestion would work.

In this case I recommend creating your plan as you want it and setting its price to $30. Then use the Copy feature and edit your copies price to $40. Then disable new subscriptions for the $30 plan. During August enable new subscriptions for the $30 plan, but disable new subscriptions for the $40 plan. This would give you the desired affect and will require minimal management per year.

Another question I have... everyone's subscriptions should expire at the end of July. Is there a way I can set the duration of the subscriptions to expire on a certain date independent of when they start? That way if someone subscribes in November their subscription will still expire in July of the next year?

Sorry, no. You currently can not specify an exact plan duration or exact expiration date. We're discussing such feature implementation however. Currently you must select from a drop-down list your plans duration. You can use CBSubs SQL Actions to perform a query and adjust a users subscription date however after they subscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon