Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] License and Requirements

• nicophp
  • nicophp
14 years 3 months ago #137528 by nicophp
[SOLVED] License and Requirements was created by nicophp
1st of all, congratulation for your work and products.

After reading a lot of post in the forum and faq, I still have a few questions/confirmations:

1 - License
1.1- Understood that it's a floating license, does it mean that we can use a single license for testing on live server and afterwards switch it to the final domain ? and how ?

1.2- I read "Single site license permits development/test installations (1-2 installations of same site on same or different domain)". Knowing that nobody will develop, test upgrades, etc on a production online site, I suppose that a single license permits to keep CBSubs activated on both the online live site and the local development site. Right ? How ?

1.3- License is based on number of rows in user table indepedently of the fact that they are also subscribers or not. Right ? But if once reaching the limit we delete x users, will we be back bellow the limit and then able to accept new subscribers ?

1.4- License needs access to internet for activation, but still once activated ? Is it a permanent check with your platform ? and if yes what appens if your platform is down ?

2 - Requirements
2.1- On local: Xampp 1.7.3 fulfil the requirements for development, if connected to internet. The only thing we have to install is the ionCube. Right ?

2.2- Online : is Godaddy shared hosting "Deluxe Plan" fulfiling your requirements (openSSL, etc) ? or ok for all except for ionCube that we will need to install and configure php5.ini ?

Thanks and best regards
Nico

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/03 15:26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 3 months ago #137529 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:License and Requirements
nicophp wrote:

1st of all, congratulation for your work and products.

Thank you

After reading a lot of post in the forum and faq, I still have a few questions/confirmations:

will try to address.

1 - License

1.1- Understood that it's a floating license, does it mean that we can use a single license for testing on live server and afterwards switch it to the final domain ? and how ?

You can use same license code on both environments (testing and live).

1.2- I read "Single site license permits development/test installations (1-2 installations of same site on same or different domain)". Knowing that nobody will develop, test upgrades, etc on a production online site, I suppose that a single license permits to keep CBSubs activated on both the online live site and the local development site. Right ? How ?

That is right - see previous answer.

1.3- License is based on number of rows in user table indepedently of the fact that they are also subscribers or not. Right ? But if once reaching the limit we delete x users, will we be back bellow the limit and then able to accept new subscribers ?

Yes if you delete users you can add more.

1.4- License needs access to internet for activation, but still once activated ? Is it a permanent check with your platform ? and if yes what appens if your platform is down ?

Yes - internet access is required. If you have internet problems or our redundant license servers have issues then you might get email notifications but we have built in various levels of protection so your services are not affected.

2 - Requirements

2.1- On local: Xampp 1.7.3 fulfil the requirements for development, if connected to internet. The only thing we have to install is the ionCube. Right ?

right

2.2- Online : is Godaddy shared hosting "Deluxe Plan" fulfiling your requirements (openSSL, etc) ? or ok for all except for ionCube that we will need to install and configure php5.ini ?

I have no experience with Godaddy.

Thanks and best regards
Nico

Hope this helps

• nicophp
  • nicophp
14 years 3 months ago #137535 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re:License and Requirements
Thank you for answering so quickly. Such support gives us one more reason to base our project on your products.

Best regards
Nico

• nant
  • nant
14 years 3 months ago #137537 by nant

14 years 2 months ago #139199 by Antietam Web
Replied by Antietam Web on topic Re:License and Requirements
Great thread, both questions and answers. Thanks guys!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon