Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Integration of CBSubs with a CRM

14 years 3 months ago #137822 by donalsavage
Integration of CBSubs with a CRM was created by donalsavage
Hi there

I am hoping to use CBSubs to manage access to downloads for a business consulting / software company.

I am going to integrate community builder, with CB Subs, to manage the front-end (Joomla) download access, and SugarCRM as a support for the Sales team.

I need to be able to monitor if a potential client has logged into the Joomla site, and then modify a CB custom field to sync to the SugarCRM database via SugaryCB, so that sales staff can respond appropriately and management can track this.

What I need to know is: Can CB Subs subscribe and unsubscribe people from a [Free] plan based on their activity or lack of activity on the site?

Does anyone know of alternative ways of modifying custom CB fields based on login or lack of login actvity in a given period on the site?

Regards

Daniel
eesense

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #137900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Integration of CBSubs with a CRM

I need to be able to monitor if a potential client has logged into the Joomla site, and then modify a CB custom field to sync to the SugarCRM database via SugaryCB, so that sales staff can respond appropriately and management can track this.

We've no official SugarCRM integration, so can't comment on such usage. However CBSubs is capable of executing database queries or executing code files via integrations, which should assist in such integration to SugarCRM.

What I need to know is: Can CB Subs subscribe and unsubscribe people from a [Free] plan based on their activity or lack of activity on the site?

No, expiration is based on subscription duration. You'd need to directly alter the database to expire at specific events using your own plugin or extension or do the very same with CBSubs API once CBSubs 1.1 releases.

Does anyone know of alternative ways of modifying custom CB fields based on login or lack of login actvity in a given period on the site?

Yes, using CB triggers within a new CB plugin. Please see tutorials within my signature for trigger usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #137938 by donalsavage
Replied by donalsavage on topic Re:Integration of CBSubs with a CRM
Thank you Krileon

I too a look at this tutorial:

www.allmysocials.com/component/content/article/2-community-builder/6-triggers?directory=15

Is this the main material on CB Triggers?

I see a call for onAfterLogin

but I am not seeing what is passed back - is this a boolean return?

I then assume I have to code to mark out a cb custom field with a date logged in, and then run comparisons to that data to determine is people have logged in within a certain period.

Or is there a more elegant way?

Where do I find more detailed documentation of the use of these triggers, my programming level is not really up to being able to build from these details alone.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #137995 by krileon

Is this the main material on CB Triggers?

Yes, for the time being until out CB API documentation is made available.

but I am not seeing what is passed back - is this a boolean return?

You'll need to search all of CB for its location and what is passed back. Generally $user object is always the first variable passed.

I then assume I have to code to mark out a cb custom field with a date logged in, and then run comparisons to that data to determine is people have logged in within a certain period.

I suppose so if that's what you want it to do.

Where do I find more detailed documentation of the use of these triggers, my programming level is not really up to being able to build from these details alone.

That's all the documentation available at this time. An example is provided on-page with the tutorial. You may want to also review other plugins which may use triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #153517 by lewis.marketing
Replied by lewis.marketing on topic Re:Integration of CBSubs with a CRM
Hello,

What is the best way and software to use to work with CBSubs but to also add a CRM in order for sales to deal with the new paid and non paid subscribers.

Would it be best to customize CBSubs and if so are there any recomended places to find developers to modify CBSubs to be utilized as a CRM as well.

Regarrds, John

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 8 months ago #153555 by krileon

What is the best way and software to use to work with CBSubs but to also add a CRM in order for sales to deal with the new paid and non paid subscribers.

If additions to CRM can be done through database queries then I suggest CBSubs SQL Actions as will allow execution of queries based on subscription. With release of 1.1.2 you can now make those queries on internal OR external databases. Otherwise you could use CBSubs URL to perform a POST, GET, etc.. request on a code file that'll perform the addition to CRM.

Would it be best to customize CBSubs and if so are there any recomended places to find developers to modify CBSubs to be utilized as a CRM as well.

CBSubs can't be modified, it's encoded.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon