Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Does CBsubs allow roles/groups to be changed?

• pgaskin
  • pgaskin
14 years 3 months ago #137944 by pgaskin
Hi I am planning to get CBsubs. However I need an integrated component with CB that will allow members roles to change. example would be, when a user subscribed to a subscription, his/her group will automatically change from Registered to Full Member. Full Member group is a custom group/role from JACL plus component. Can CBsubs do this? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 3 months ago #137957 by nant
pgaskin wrote:

Hi I am planning to get CBsubs. However I need an integrated component with CB that will allow members roles to change. example would be, when a user subscribed to a subscription, his/her group will automatically change from Registered to Full Member. Full Member group is a custom group/role from JACL plus component. Can CBsubs do this? Thank you.

I honestly don't know if CBSubs works with JACL these days.

I know that JACL has always traditionally been a hack as it changed code in both Joomla and CB. If this is still the case, then I would say that the clean CB/CBSubs code will not work with JACL.

The question however is why do you need JACL at all?

With the built-in ACL control that CBSubs has you can manage any Joomla content (article access, component access, menu access, etc) based on CBSubs plan membership.

So in essence you can apply the same privileges using just CBSubs - no need for anything else.

You can see this in action on our CBSubs demo site:

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon