Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A few questions before I decide

14 years 2 months ago #139361 by steinsandy
A few questions before I decide was created by steinsandy
I have used CB for years and I'm thinking of stepping up to cbsubs on 5 of my professional sites. I have sever questions before I decide if cbsubs is the right step for the direction of the various sites.

Does cbsubs have a activity thread similar to those that jsocialsuite and jomsocial have? If so does it include profiles only or profiles and forums (which ones)?

Does CBSubs integrate well with already existing CB profiles?

Can cbsubs offer a 'dating' type search? (Jomsocial feature)

Do all CB plugins and joomla extensions work with cbsubs?

How is cbsubs going to handle the joomla 1.6 switch and how long is it estimated until there is a stable 1.6 version to be released after 1.6 launches?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassandra Patton
Founder of Campaign Promotions
Promoting Experts in the Virtual Marketplace
campaign-promotions.com

Joomla 2.5.18 & 3.2.2 * CB 1.9.1 * CB Subs 2.0.0 * PHP 5.3.28 * Opera, Firefox, IE & Chrome (all most current versions) * Hosted by Host Gator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 months ago #139362 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:A few questions before I decide

Does cbsubs have a activity thread similar to those that jsocialsuite and jomsocial have? If so does it include profiles only or profiles and forums (which ones)?

We've a document subscriber Incubator project to handle profile activity logging. We've plans for a more intuitive design and internal implementation with CB 2.0. CB only includes profiles, Kunena is the officially supported forum extension. You'll need to install it followed by configuring it and CB for forums usage.

Does CBSubs integrate well with already existing CB profiles?

Yes, CBSubs is accessible depending on how you've configured it, but whether a user was active before or after CBSubs usage doesn't matter.

Can cbsubs offer a 'dating' type search? (Jomsocial feature)

Don't know what you mean, please no more Jomsocial comparisons. CB is not Jomsocial. If Jomsocial is what you need/want then use Jomsocial. CB is free open source and can be designed to be any type of site you want. You can review various user creations in our showcase found here .

Do all CB plugins and joomla extensions work with cbsubs?

CBSubs can not create new features in any plugin and/or extension. CBSubs is designed for advanced subscription based access controls. So yes and no. It just depends on what you're trying to do.

How is cbsubs going to handle the joomla 1.6 switch and how long is it estimated until there is a stable 1.6 version to be released after 1.6 launches?

CBSubs is designed on the CB platform and thus whatever CB supports so does CBSubs. We've also prepare pre-release integration to Joomla 1.6.x. For the most part as is CB runs fine on Joomla 1.6.x Beta. We will be performing a minor release to fix any remaining Joomla 1.6.x bugs when it is released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon