Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can CBSubs do 50% down payment?

14 years 2 months ago #140172 by webtechgal
Can CBSubs do 50% down payment? was created by webtechgal
I have used CBSubs for a subscription site previously and it works great!

However, I have a client with a little different setup. A hunting guide offering different priced packages -
he needs to be able to accept a 50% down payment, then bill the rest due on the date chosen by the customer for the trip.

Is it possible to do this with CBSubs? I can't seem to wrap my head around the possibilities of how to do it with CBSubs. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 months ago #140189 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can CBSubs do 50% down payment?
Hmm, believe it's possible with the right setup. You'll need 2 plans and 2 payment gateways. Read closely as this is going to run circles. ;)

Create your preferred payment gateway method for this initial payment such as Paypal. Next create a parent plan with 50% of the price. Now create an Offline payment gateway with the Owner ID set to 1. Once done create a new plan that is a Child of your previous plan and set its price to the remainder of the other plan then on the Pricing tab set Owner id (only supported: 0 for now): to 1. Both plans should be exclusive. Edit your Offline gateway and add instructions to provide payment + payment slip at end/start of trip or whatever you need them to do. Your setup would be as follows

Plan 1 (50%, exclusive, online purchase)
- Plan 1a (50%, exclusive, offline purchase)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #140241 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re:Can CBSubs do 50% down payment?
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think I understand and am willing to try this (as I am desperate to get this working for my client!).

The only thing I have not done before is create an offline payment gateway - Does that mean it is just not enabled?

And will I be able to do this for creating multiple different trip packages?

The site I am trying to set this up on is www.featheredfowl.com . He has multiple categories, (i.e., Duck, Snow Goose, etc) and multiple packages for each.

Thanks very much for your help!

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 months ago #140260 by krileon

The only thing I have not done before is create an offline payment gateway - Does that mean it is just not enabled?

No, an offline payment gateway allows users to pay with cash or check. Based off the information you provided I assume their purchases are a trip of some kind thus the 2nd half they could pay when they arrive for their trip. Are you wanting them to pay the remainder 50% online or in person? As that would change the setup significantly and determine if it's even possible.

And will I be able to do this for creating multiple different trip packages?

Yes of course, easiest approach is create your first set of plans then once fully setup simply copy them and rename with a new price as well (if necessary).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #140263 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re:Can CBSubs do 50% down payment?
Kyle,

Yes, the customer picks the trip, picks the date, and we want to run the 50% down payment through PayPal. Then on date of trip, run the final amount due. My thought is my client also wants that to go through PayPal (automatically), but I will check on that to be definite.

? One other thought - will the plans work with coupons? He has multiple coupons for things...?

That is what I thought about multiple plans, just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something significant in how many plans I could use with this.

Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 months ago #140310 by krileon

My thought is my client also wants that to go through PayPal (automatically), but I will check on that to be definite.

Then you can't do the above. I suppose you could set the child plan as non-Exclusive, but then the user isn't really obligated to pay the second half.

? One other thought - will the plans work with coupons? He has multiple coupons for things...?

Coupons feature has not been fully developed and implemented yet, sorry. We've plans to implement a coupon system in a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon