Skip to Content Skip to Menu

feature clarification

• n2dagoal
  • n2dagoal
14 years 2 months ago #140236 by n2dagoal
feature clarification was created by n2dagoal
I manage a Joomla website and need a way to better manage our different types of users . We currently manage it by hand but the website growing it is becoming unmanageable. I have three types of users that CB subs would need to handle and have read through the documentation and am not quite sure if it would be able to do everything.

a)Individual users who purchase a year membership and can register with either their work or personal email address

b)Hospitals who buy access for their staff. The staff need to be easily identified as staff at that particular hospital and be required to use their hospital email address to register (we currently have about a dozen hospitals and thus about a dozen acceptable email extensions for this group)

c)Free 1 month long trials that automatically expire if the user does not buy a paid subscription – I know CB subs would be able to do this.

Any insight would be helpful! I use community builder because I find the user management to be more comprehensive than Joomla.

Thanks,

Emily Wilson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 months ago #140238 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:feature clarification

a)Individual users who purchase a year membership and can register with either their work or personal email address

Simply create a plan for these users, protect what you'd like by this plan so those subscribed will be granted access to various locations.

b)Hospitals who buy access for their staff. The staff need to be easily identified as staff at that particular hospital and be required to use their hospital email address to register (we currently have about a dozen hospitals and thus about a dozen acceptable email extensions for this group)

It's not possible for 1 user to by a subscription for another user. I suppose you could use CBSubs SQL Actions to grant other users subscriptions that have the same domain in their email address as the hospitals user; this would require a complex query.

c)Free 1 month long trials that automatically expire if the user does not buy a paid subscription – I know CB subs would be able to do this.

Yes of course CBSubs can provide this as you've confirmed your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon