Skip to Content Skip to Menu

ACL aspect

14 years 1 month ago #140904 by bluewaterfunds
ACL aspect was created by bluewaterfunds
IS this scenario possible with CB and CB Subs ... ?

The user registers. DURING registration, the user selects a specific level that is created (say a radio button).

This makes the user automatically become associated with a certain user group.

Then, as they go through the website, they are only seeing information (modules, articles, etc) associated to that user group (via ACL functionalitu).

Or, must they register first, then the admin sees this and associates them with a specific group..?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
14 years 1 month ago #140919 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:ACL aspect
CBSubs can automatically place a user in a specific Joomla ACL group when this user subscribes to a CBSubs plan (and revert back to a different group when plan expires).

However, you can also protect content based on a CBSubs plan subscription without the need to add this user to a Joomla ACL group.

14 years 1 month ago #141306 by bluewaterfunds
Replied by bluewaterfunds on topic Re:ACL aspect
hmmmm. ok.

On this same idea. with CBSubs, am I able to hide a module or menu item based on the ACL (user group) they are placed in ?

This would allow me to show certain content only to the right group....

???

• nant
  • nant
14 years 1 month ago #141309 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:ACL aspect
bluewaterfunds wrote:

hmmmm. ok.

On this same idea. with CBSubs, am I able to hide a module or menu item based on the ACL (user group) they are placed in ?

This would allow me to show certain content only to the right group....

???

Again, with CBSubs you can hide modules or protect menu items based on CBSubs subscription plans - not CMS ACL.

Such things are demonstrated on our demo site:

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com

14 years 1 month ago #141326 by bluewaterfunds
Replied by bluewaterfunds on topic Re:ACL aspect
ok.

is there a way that I could have them sign up for one of two plans upon registration (free). Then, this would open up modules/menu items for them for the associated plan. However, if they want to see past the "read more" link they would then have to purchase a 'new' subscription.

would this workflow work.

As you may see, I am trying to have only content show for the level of access the user has (two groups, each group with different content in certain places). However, they will make purchasing decision post registration, and not at registration.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 month ago #141405 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:ACL aspect

is there a way that I could have them sign up for one of two plans upon registration (free). Then, this would open up modules/menu items for them for the associated plan.

Yes this is doable. Your free plan would give them access to whatever modules you've selected to be protected by the free plan.

However, if they want to see past the "read more" link they would then have to purchase a 'new' subscription.

If using Joomla article management yes of course can be done you need only protect the Section and/or Category and/or Articles you wish to not be able to read the readmore (you can also protect entire articles).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon