Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User access to individual articles only

• G@ryK
  • G@ryK
14 years 1 month ago #141150 by G@ryK
Hi, I am looking at CBSubs to manage user subscriptions on my site.

I am wanting to offer a service to paid memebers of my site so they are able to update their specific article page (only a single article) from the front end. There will be +-200 articles/users each having access to their own page on the site.

I also offer a free subscription but this is limited and only offers contact details and restricts users from certain pages within the site.

Can I achieve the above with the CBSubs paid subscription?

Regards,

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 month ago #141215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User access to individual articles only
Yes, CBSubs Content integration a part of the CBSubs package will allow providing access to specific articles and/or locations. Not sure how you're going to relate an article to a specific user without using By URL Part protection and something unique in the URL of the article such as the article ID being the users ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dwaine
  • dwaine
14 years 1 month ago #141231 by dwaine
Replied by dwaine on topic Re:User access to individual articles only
Krileon,

Thanks for pointing me and my (similar) question to this post. The new subscriber has no article existing when they subscribe. So it looks like we can't let a new subscriber create a new article, just have or not have access to already existing articles?

But then the text I mentioned in the subscribers profile under the Articles tab, "This user has no published articles" lead me to believe that there was a way for that user to publish an article??

• nant
  • nant
14 years 1 month ago #141242 by nant
dwaine wrote:

Krileon,

Thanks for pointing me and my (similar) question to this post. The new subscriber has no article existing when they subscribe. So it looks like we can't let a new subscriber create a new article, just have or not have access to already existing articles?

But then the text I mentioned in the subscribers profile under the Articles tab, "This user has no published articles" lead me to believe that there was a way for that user to publish an article??

Hmm, me thinks that the CB Blog Incubator project might be useful here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon