Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Ability to control visibility of menus and tabs

• simonl
  • simonl
14 years 3 weeks ago #142657 by simonl
We offer customisation services for linking Joomla with SugarCRM and KnowledgeTree. As part of our offering we will be supplying Community Builder.

We came across a limitation and found two components that, when combined, delivers what we need. These components are Proma Profile Manager and NOIX ACL.

We also need Subscriptions now.

I would like to see if CBSubs does what Profile Manager and NOIX do. Effectively what we need is multiple user types to:

a) show/hide joomla menus
b) show/hide CB Tabs
c) show/hide/Readonly CB Fields

Anyone know if this would work with CBSubs? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 weeks ago #142710 by krileon

a) show/hide joomla menus
b) show/hide CB Tabs
c) show/hide/Readonly CB Fields

CBSubs is capable of doing all of this and more without a single core hack.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• simonl
  • simonl
14 years 3 weeks ago #142722 by simonl
Hey Kyle

Thanks for your post. Can I confirm that all this is possible for different usertypes (not just Registered, Manager, Admin etc... but for custom user types). We need to create additional front-end user types to reflect each departments particular interests

Thanks!

Simon

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 weeks ago #142775 by krileon

Can I confirm that all this is possible for different usertypes (not just Registered, Manager, Admin etc... but for custom user types)

CBSubs is not an ACL extension, it does not touch ACL. You can of course assign users to different ACL groups based off subscription however. I do not recommend ACL extensions and we typically can not provide support once one is installed. I suggest waiting for Joomla 1.6.x stable for custom ACL.

We need to create additional front-end user types to reflect each departments particular interests

This can be done with the plan it self by restriction extensions, URLs, fields, tabs, etc.. based off plan subscription. With this approach no modification is done to ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon