Skip to Content Skip to Menu

selling webinars with cbSubs

• ecarne
  • ecarne
14 years 3 weeks ago #142943 by ecarne
selling webinars with cbSubs was created by ecarne
We have a series of videos that we want to offer for sale. Today, a user can purchase a download through the store. But that's not what we want. Ideally, any member should be able to purchase a subscription to view the video on the site. But not download. That way we maintain control of the videos and where they go. And to further complicate, free site memberships buy access to the videos, paid members get access to them free.
I checked out UC #5 but it's for downloads. I have tried restricting the modules (I use JXTC VTube Pro which creates a module to embed the videos) to a merchandise plan ( based on UC5) but that doesn't seem to work.
SHould I be using a lifetime subscription plan for each video, and charge for each plan? It would have to be non-exclusive so they can purchase a number of videos.
I am somewhat befuddled at the moment. It feels like cbSubs should be the answer, but I am at a loss as to how to configure it.
Ideally, I would like to use a screen shot of each video which a member can click on. If they have access, it would take them to a page to play the video. If they do not, it would suggest the right plan to register for the rights to watch it.
Thanks for any suggestions you might have
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 weeks ago #143019 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:selling webinars with cbSubs

Ideally, I would like to use a screen shot of each video which a member can click on. If they have access, it would take them to a page to play the video. If they do not, it would suggest the right plan to register for the rights to watch it.

Just protect the URL the video is on using By URL Part protection via your plan. If the user is not subscribed it will ask them to subscribe, otherwise they'll be able to view the video.

Not much I can advise on 3rd party extensions, it's a matter of trial and error. CBSubs is of course not guaranteed to protect ANY extension. Some are built in ways that make this very difficult. If the videos have their own dedicated page it will be very easy to protect them with By URL Part.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon