Skip to Content Skip to Menu

a few quick questions please

• audioc
  • audioc
14 years 2 weeks ago #143556 by audioc
a few quick questions please was created by audioc
Hi I'm looking at using CBSubs for paid memberships on a club site I manage.

i've come up with a few questions that i need answered (there may be more to follow!)

1/ memberships will be straightforward but we also accept postal memberships, so i may get site registrations that are from members that have paid in another way other than cb subs, is this as simple as having a £0 option which also would request confirmation of their club membership number or is there some other way round this?

2/ our memberships run from 1 april to 31 march as follows; Members joining between 1 April and 30 September will pay the full amount.
Members joining between 1 October and 31 December will pay 50% of the membership fee.
Members joining between 1 January and 31 March will pay the full amount, but will have their membership extended by 1 year (so up to 15 months membership), can this be easily incorporated with the use of cb subs

3/ current registrations on the site haven't required the specific details that are necessary for memberships, will introducing this with cb subs affect existing user registrations? will users have to update their profiles?

hope all this makes sense, look forward to your response
Chris

Cheers!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 weeks ago #143613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:a few quick questions please

1/ memberships will be straightforward but we also accept postal memberships, so i may get site registrations that are from members that have paid in another way other than cb subs, is this as simple as having a £0 option which also would request confirmation of their club membership number or is there some other way round this?

You can use the Offline payment gateway which users can mail in checks or cash or by other means of payment and once you've received the payment can "pay" their basket activating their subscription quite easily.

2/ our memberships run from 1 april to 31 march as follows; Members joining between 1 April and 30 September will pay the full amount.

Members joining between 1 October and 31 December will pay 50% of the membership fee.

Members joining between 1 January and 31 March will pay the full amount, but will have their membership extended by 1 year (so up to 15 months membership), can this be easily incorporated with the use of cb subs

Tiered pricing and specific expiration dates are not supported, sorry. You'd need to use some complex query usage within CBSubs SQL Actions integration to alter the users subscription duration to the custom duration you're needing. Durations are by minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, etc... We're planning to further expand duration configuration in a later release.

3/ current registrations on the site haven't required the specific details that are necessary for memberships, will introducing this with cb subs affect existing user registrations? will users have to update their profiles?

Don't know what details you're meaning. Users need a complete account of course such as username, name, email, and password. Aside from that everything else is optional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• audioc
  • audioc
14 years 1 week ago #143725 by audioc
Replied by audioc on topic Re:a few quick questions please
ok, thanks for that.

even being able to just specify the expiration date would have been great - for my needs at least !

Cheers!

Andy

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 1 week ago #143820 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:a few quick questions please

even being able to just specify the expiration date would have been great - for my needs at least !

Something we've planned at a later release, but unfortunately is not available. It can be done using queries via CBSubs SQL Actions however as a temporary solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon