Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pre requisite and use case related

• rahulner
  • rahulner
14 years 3 days ago #144202 by rahulner
Pre requisite and use case related was created by rahulner
I have following things to be cleared before purchasing cbSubs
1. Pre requisite: I checked from joomla backend and got following info. Please see if this is ok for SSL/Ioncube and OpenSSL.
[code:1]
curl
cURL support enabled
cURL Information libcurl/7.19.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

Additional Modules
Module Name
dbase
ionCube Loader

Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.20, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by ionCube Ltd., and[/code:1]

2. Use case: Can cbSubs handle following requirement:
a. Its a community website and they have a yearly fees.
a. While registering then can choose to pay online/pay offline. If they do the Online payment, they will be "Paid" members
b. Otherwise they will be "Unpaid"
c. Both can login after registration.
d. "Unpaid" memebrs can later pay online or do a offline payment to admin and gets converted into "Paid" members.
e. This conversion need to generate the invoice/email to user/admin.
Thanks. I need this urgently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 2 days ago #144270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Pre requisite and use case related

1. Pre requisite: I checked from joomla backend and got following info. Please see if this is ok for SSL/Ioncube and OpenSSL.

CBSubs requires at least 32MB of memory configured, OpenSSL module installed and configured appropriately, and cURL module installed and configured appropriately. If you plan to accept payments ONSITE with Authorize.net you also need a valid SSL certificate and a dedicated IP.

a. Its a community website and they have a yearly fees.

Yes, free subscriptions of various durations are supported.

a. While registering then can choose to pay online/pay offline. If they do the Online payment, they will be "Paid" members

Yes, members who pay Online will be immediately marked as active and you'll receive their funds. Those who pay Offline will need to mail in their check/cash and you as Admin must manually activate their subscription by Paying (a button click) their Basket once the payment is received.

b. Otherwise they will be "Unpaid"

Users who have selected a subscription, but did not pay will be marked as unpaid.

c. Both can login after registration.

Yes, if this is how you've it configured to allow free registrations.

d. "Unpaid" memebrs can later pay online or do a offline payment to admin and gets converted into "Paid" members.

If configured users can of course pay or buy a subscription at any point of time from their profiles on the Subscription tab.

e. This conversion need to generate the invoice/email to user/admin.

CBSubs will generate an invoice for the users reference, but it is not emailed to them. You can of course on a plan by plan basis send emails to the user or admin as you see fit.

Please keep in mind CBSubs does have a learning curve. If needing CBSubs to be completely implemented within a week it won't happen. You will need time to review the documentation very very carefully and of course trial and error until you've the appropriate setup.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/18 20:16

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon